Thread for medieval music

Blackmore’s Night released their new album Nature’s Light 2 days ago.
On this album Ritchie Blackmores allowed himself a little more electric guitar than in the last few years.

Here are a few words from Ritchie Blackmore and his wife Candice Night.

Blackmore's Night - Nature's Light - EPK - YouTube

2 Likes
2 Likes

I love the german folklore band Triskilkian. Some of their songs reach quite deep. Like coming home to a place you’ve never visited before, but you get the feeling you are somehow emotionally attached to it… Hard to explain for me ^^
In Germany we could say “urig”, but there is no direct English translation for this word. urig - Wiktionary

Unfortunately a lot of their songs are not on YouTube. But I found at least some of them :slight_smile:

One of my favorites:

This is one is music only - no singing:

Studio recording with video:

This one is a live recording:

This one is more of a mix between modern and medieval times:

Just found this one, it’s also really nice:

4 Likes

Also love this one:

This one has great mystic vibes:

Actually prefer this cover over the original song, such a beautiful approach in German (as a native German, I highly approve of this :))

2 Likes

This medieval band comes from my region in Switzerland. You won’t understand much of the text. Because this is in Swiss German.

2 Likes

Found some new ones for you guys, hope you enjoy them :slight_smile:

This one can put you in trance, a real piece of art:

Norupo by the same artist is also great:

I love this one. No idea what they are singing, but I like what it sounds to me. Just listen for yourself:

This one is about the sacred tree Yggdrasil:

Now here we have real passion & fire, live:

This one is a sad song. I’m loving the band, makes me feel happy to be born as a German:

That’s it for today, happy listening folks :slight_smile:

3 Likes