Topping E30 vs D50s

Very true. I think I’ll email the guys at Periapt and see if i can get a dual 3.5mm to 2.5mm, cause then it will last me for multiple cans, because if I’m dropping nearly 50 for a cable, better be a super duper fucking nice cable, lol.

For periapt you would want the type 8 with a 2.5 mm balanced end, would work great, periapt cables are nice stuff

It looks like the 4XX’s have a 3.5mm in on each earcup, so they’re dual 3.5mm.

Yes, they changed halfway through the runs to use 3.5mm, when they started the first few runs of the 4xx they were 2.5mm

So would that mean that they can’t run a balanced cable, or would I email Periapt and ask for a dual 3.5mm in to 2.5mm out?

So you want dual 3.5mm for the cups (type 8 cable) but with a 2.5mm balanced connector on the other side

Cool, that’s what I was thinking.

Topping D50S only if you want Bluetooth. And it’s LDAC, so good bluetooth too (cough “Hi-Res Audio Wireless” cough).

Probably the only competitor to the D50S is the new SMSL M200, everything like D50S (bluetooth… even a new 192khz bluetooth lol), but balanced too, and AKM instead of ESS chipsets.

I used to want that DAC so bad so i could have a matching stack with my SP200. But it finally comes out and i have a RNHP. No matching stack for me :frowning_face:

Simple, just grab this for an all in one

1 Like

Sure, 1 second while i sell my children

2 Likes

I would expect a small DAC the same size of the RNHP to stack with it. I mean, seems like every time someone releases a small amp today, a small DAC is coming, and vice-versa.

I think Rupert Neve should make a DAC to match his amp for a decent price.

1 Like