Trying to Figure out my Next Headphone

Yeah, I can see how interference can be a problem.

Where I live was renovated about a year or so ago with state of the art wiring and the floor I’m on (house) has its own dedicated breaker box so the power I feel is pretty clean in that regard. Though RF interference from other sources might be an issue
Does their adapter box suffer the same interference problems?

This is a bit of an off topic, but have you heard the HeadAmp GSX mk 2? I’m interested in it but have no clue what it sounds like or what differs it from the mini (other than the separate power supply(

I don’t think so

I used to own one, great amp but picky on what headphones and dacs sound good. It’s a brighter a bit more analytical amp but not harsh and still somewhat natural, so pleasing. The thing is you want to make sure you have a neutral warmer dac and headphones that aren’t already bright for them. But pretty technically capable and enjoyable, but as are lots of other options in the price range

1 Like

Yeah I need to do more research into this category/range of amps. One preferably that pairs well with a wide range of sources and harder to drive headphones like the 1266

So what headphones you have in mind? Also what sources? You can get things that do it all, but personally I would suggest going for something that is a bit more specialized imo?

Yeah. My ultimate end goal far down the line is to own some high end planars like the 1000se and that other hifiman that’s even more expensive

however my main path after the diana v2 is get the tc 1266. So I’m looking for a head amp that pairs best with that.

As for sources. My chord hugo tt2 and an r2r dac, most likely a denafrips.

I might also get a schiit dac as well. Probably a bifrost 2