TYGR 300R vs He400i 2020

Have you been able to try out the 400i 2020 at all yet? I’m in a bit of the same predicament as you and these were the 2 headphones I narrowed my search down to. I prefer bright headphones and great imaging which makes it seem like the 400i is the obvious choice but I also play a good amount of single-player games and enjoy a bit more of an intimate experience (although I’m sure any headphone is better than my current ones) and I’ve heard extremely positive things about the 300R. The one thing that really kills the 300R for me is the non-removable cable because I have a dog and if he chews through the cable then I’m entirely out of a pair of headphones unless I could find someone in my area to do a cable mod. Sorry for the rambling, just thought it might be helpful to type out and see my own thoughts about the headphones but also I’m mainly curious if you’ve just tried out the 400i 2020 yet? lol

Hey there. No problem at all! I have not been able to test the 400i unfortunately so I am not able to really give some insight over it.

I will be sticking to the 560s for now due it being easier to obtain for me and also to have no fear with the Hifiman QC issues.

Maybe you should create a post yourself on the forums and maybe someone has both and can help out :slight_smile: