Updgrade for my Nighthawks

Me too I’m trying to own few headphones for different generes.
And HD800s are on my list for classical.
Then I need an headphone for electronic as well, that’s why this topic comes. Also for practical reason (I live with my parents) closed could be better for me (that’s why LCD closed could be a great option) but I’m afraid to loose all the magic an open can can give me, but then I’m afraid to loose BaSsS… That’s why T1 is a candidate. But I’m also really curious about how perform Clears as well. I’m kinda stuck.

Clears are very different than the T1.3…I own both…The clears are way more neutral and less colored than the T1.3. Both have their qualitys, pros and cons…like every headphone.

Have you considered upgrading your DAC/amp first? Comparing the Topping DX7 and RNHP + Accuphase DP-400 it seems that the Hawks have more potential than the sound out of the DX7 (which may in part be due to the DX7’s linear nature, but still). It would appear to be better to just upgrade the dac/amp if you want the same sound but better.
Edit: Ok disregard my comment, I’m not sure what sound you’re after.

1 Like

My experience has not been the case though. I initially bought a FX-Audio X6 dac amp for £65 and it performs very well to my ears, clear although a little quiet at full volume. The rme is much louder but tbh I struggle to hear any other differences given it was more than ten times the price. I appreciate the EQ features etc so is also a keeper. The T1 (or t5?) gen 3 are undoubtedly warm and bass focused, and for me are the best for that sound signature as well as comfort build etc. Am sure the general advice is headphone first then dac amp etc, but maybe your nighthawk is already 90% of the T1 gen 3 already?

1 Like