Upgrade from the jds atom?

I literally thought about it and all my sources are clinical and bright. Lmao the 1990, jds, and d50s. I hope going to the asgard it will tame this 1990 a bit and bring the low end a lil maybe?

If you’re looking to tame the treble on 1990s, spend the $7 on the Amiron Wireless/TYGR foam pads instead of going after it with expensive amp upgrades.

i need a warmer setup overall. I got a pair of lcd xs on the way.

Lol. Yeah. The Atom is a little less so, but still more than not. But yes, a good many of those budget, measurement-chasing pieces are brighter, analytical, and brittle/harsh sounding. IME the Asgard 3 and Beyer DT series are a strong pairing.

You’re good at that! :joy: Seriously though, you ended my four or five month long bout of indecision over what to get for my first amp after I read your review of the Jot2. You do good work here, and I wanted to say thank you.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

And thank you :blush:

1 Like

In agreement. Asgard 3 is really nice for smoothing out some of the 1990 Pro’s sharper edges for example. More listenable. I still get some sibilance, particularly during spoken word/YT/movies/etc. But it’s become more enjoyable for sure since switching to the Asgard 3. Granted my A3 is sitting on a B2, so I can’t say for sure how much of what I’m reporting is the B2, and how much the A3, but it’s a very, very solid amp in its price bracket - probably unparalleled.

I’m personally going to be upgrading to the G111 in the very near-term (want a bit more stage and detail/technicalities), but will likely keep the A3 because it’s just that pleasurable.

I am using HD600!

WaveTheory appreciation thread on the horizon :eyes:

Woah, my B2 shipped today! :pray: I, too, will be pairing it with my Asgard 3.

3 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Hmm - do y’all think 6 inch RCA cables will be long enough to connect my A3 to my B2? Maybe I should pick up 12 inch ones just to be safe?

They’re plenty long enough if you’re stacking the A3 and B2. I can fit an A90 in between my B2 and A3 and they still reach.

1 Like