Upgrade path for user that is very sensitive to highs

The nighthawks need more love?? on this forum?? :joy:

I think them being discontinued has a lot to do with them not being recommended as much but im certain this forum is the reason supply is now gone lol nighthawk gang!!

3 Likes

Dunno about this on the X2HRā€¦I think itā€™s a fairly significant U/V from the perspective of elevated bass and some treble sparkle (a little peaky in a couple spots), but I really enjoyed it anyway.

Also +1 on the Nighthawks if you can find themā€¦hope Audioquest will decide to bring them back at some point.

1 Like

The main reason they are discontinued is because the Nighthawk and Nightowl creator, Skylar Gray, no longer works for Audioquest as he left in 2017.

1 Like

eh I should have reiterated that a bit I meant outside of this forum. Never heard of it anywhere but here yet its so good!.

perhaps we hear things differently. I canā€™t see the bright treble on it whatsoever. I can see it being a relatively neutral treble with a couple peaks though thats about it and it does have some sparkle to it.

1 Like

@Griffin i think most people on this forum agree on the hawks lol kind of a cult favorite over here. relaxed sounding, relaxed feeling (comfortable) with a very big soundstage and warm sound sig

1 Like

For sureā€¦and to each their own

Relative to Beyers and Helios, yes, but still a bit north of neutral, IMO.

Where I primarily hear things differently is with the elevated bass, which to my ears, the X2HR has. All things considered, these factors are what made them enjoyable to me while I had them, and I donā€™t hesitate to recommend them to anyone who doesnā€™t have sensitivities to the frequencies where these happen to peak.

I definitely hear the elevated bassā€¦ it tends to be muddy with quite the sub bass to it. Mids are definitely clean and smooth. Highs are if altered at all raised by just a little bit and adds some sparkle. I mean. I guess if your this sensitive to treble your better off going certain sennheisers, audeze, and other manner of darker headphones