USB Dac Recommendations- AudioEngine D3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red / Black, Monolith Hi-Res Dac

I have the Monolith usb dongle dac that is part of this thread’s title. It’s been awhile since I’ve done anything with it but I think it is designed to have similar specs to the DF red. I have vague memories of it driving the 6XX decently. I’ll see if I can find it and report back on that…

I got myself a BTR5 from Fiio … you can easily pair your laptop with it via BT, and it’s amazing when you’re on a go with your phone… plus: I can even pair it with my living room LG TV and sounds amazing!

I love it and recommend to anyone :grin:

Zeus review :heart:

how did you feel about the monolith… seeing as it has more features except for MQA and costs less

It’s ok. I’m trying to remember why I bought it. I think it went on sale for something like $60 on a Black Friday sale and I ordered on a whim after 2 fingers of Maker’s Mark. It’s certainly better than a phone’s or PC’s headphone output. I just checked again, it has plenty of power to drive the 6XX. It did a serviceable job driving a 600 ohm DT880 to decent, thought not necessarily fun, levels. There’s nothing really wrong with it at the price point, I just had better gear already and it didn’t surpass what I already had.