USB noise from a micca OriGen + to JBL 305 mk II

hmm, ok yea that could be a possibility.

Well that’s pretty convenient lol

interesting to see that im not the only one :rofl:

of course theres none in the AU amazon gonna be close to a month till I get that. urg :weary:

I know, right? Worked for this setup and I had the same problem with my KRK’s with the same DAC and it worked on that as well. In fact, the ground loop didn’t even go away with the optical input either.

Now that’s strange lol. I guess it’s just a component quirk then

Don’t worry, A LOT of people have this same problem, especially with the JBL’s.

For only $10, it’s worth the wait.

1 Like

Most likely a component issue yes. I used different outlets and had the same problem, but when my phone was the source, I had no issues.

Specially since the true issue probably is in the electrics of the building/house not the actual used audio gear.

All though one of my laptops USB-ports also makes noise when moving mouse. Different USB-port does not so odd motherboard quirk / flaw there. Still no actual audio gear related issue.

Could be “coil whine”, so the DC-DC converter in the PSU or on the mainboard backfeeding noise into the 5V rail.

Probably your best bet.

You think using an external power supply on the origen would fix the issue?

I tried that myself and it didn’t work, but it could for the OP.

Little update, managed to hunt down a toslink cable and now using my Onkyo CD player to SPIDIF to the Micca. Works perfectly! so I might just bite the bullet and get a sound card for the PC so it can output SPIDIF. Thanks all for the help. maby im a SPIDIF convert :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I guess the only thing is in the future is it likely that I would have the same problem with another DAC? The soundcard that im looking at only does 192 khz so I don’t want to be limited to that in the future if I have to use SPIDIF.

I don’t know if the coil whine would be an issue in the future, but you shouldn’t have a problem with spdif. Also the 192khz limit is a non-issue imo because most music is not released above that anyway

1 Like

Another little update, got a ground loop isolator “https://www.jaycar.com.au/ground-loop-noise-isolator-stereo-3-5mm/p/AA3086” and while I don’t know much about if one would be better than the other it did improve the noise. I would however not say that it is fixed, more like bearable. Thanks for the suggestion anyway but it looks like if I want to get the clean signal im going to get SPIDIF computer card or find a different dac.