Wanting to buy my first pair of good headphones

he lives in the philipines so a lot of those options are not quite available

l see… ebay isn’t an option? He can find a good deal with a good seller on ebay and ampdac straight from JDS or Schiit.

shipping is a expensive bitch and a half to the philipines unless you got family elsewhere that can send it to you.

if he goes the fiio route he can probably find it through lazada or ali express though

l see…
: [

Fiio amp DAC and Sendy Aiva or Blon B20 all through AliEx. and that might sound great as a start !

1 Like

might not be bad at all. my experience with sendy clones aint the best though

Yeah… and unfortunately I do not have any relatives. ;-;

I was able to find these, are any of this worth asking the price for?

Imma research a lot more and update you guys on my journey, thanks so much for all the help today!

Start with deciding on the headphones. That will focus the decision on the amp.

I think I’m decided with the DT880s, either the 250 ohms or 600 ohms.

Leaning towards the 600 ones but I’m still trying to find local sellers of it.

@h4lves I do have one more really good suggestion actually. These headphones do not require an amp and sound amazing on their own. Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon. Are these available in your country? They are my favorite headphones I have ever tried and I use them daily.
They are usually no more 250USD so you could stay well within budget. I run them off my phone just fine without a super powerful amp.

Great. So you might be happy with a DAP or a dac/amp by xduoo, fiio or topping that can connect to your phone at home with usb. You’ll be set l believe ; ]

if you want the 600 ohm though which is the better of the 2 you would want someting like a fiio k5 pro an least as they need the power

You know with the Nighthawk he wouldn’t be confined to a desk even without an amp. Just a suggestion…

1 Like

yeah I wouldn’t wear a nighthawk in a filipino bus, tricycle or , jeepney if he wanted something to bring outside I would stick to an iem better isolation also harder to steal

1 Like

Lol true. Wouldn’t wear them around other people outside. But you could certainly walk around with them inside.
For a closed back that you can take anywhere the AKG K371 would be my pick.

Well he already has QC 35’s so I think portability is already solved

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense.
All I’m saying is the Nighthawk might be a good option. For the price especially.

1 Like

Ah the cult guys are out again. Stop tempting meee

1 Like

Haha lol XD.`