Warm, balanced capable, desktop amp

Yeah I never experienced any of those issues myself, although I do think I heard something about volume pot issues with earlier batches… I bought mine in May earlier this year and used it heavely for nearly a month without any issues. They might have gotten most of the QC issues ironed out by now.

Hi,
I have not read the whole threat. Only the beginning.
I’m also a fan of warm music playback.
Even if it goes pretty deep down.
I think that’s only possible with a tube amp.
Unfortunately, the market is strangely staggered throughout the range.
I personally think that there is either only a good DAC, or a Dac is less good for the headphone output is better.
Both almost do not get together.
Maybe that’s also part of the industry.
What would be logical because then everyone would not just buy this Dac / amp because he is good.
That’s why I opted for a separate system. And the end result is much better.
Of course, a lot depends on the chip and the structure. An Esabre chip that is well constructed can sound as good as an Akm or Wolfson chip.
I liked the Fostex Hp4 BL rather less than the Fostex HP A3. Although the almost similar are constructed. The Adi 2 heat is so ansich no bad. And I think if the ankoppelst s.der tube amplifier sounds again anderst.
But to connect an amplifier via a balanced input is rather difficult. If so, it will certainly cost a bit. Nothing in the low budget range.
Most are connected via Rca, if put on a good cable there will not be worse conditionally.
Also not if the cable is a good one with 6.3 mm connection.
Look at the Brocksieper Ear max.
Apart from the fact that he looks noble, he seems to be too.
However, it is more designed for high impedance headphones if you can say that. Unfortunately not for low-ohmic listeners. Otherwise, the market does not give much of the Schiit Lyr perhaps yet. But there too, the opinions are shared, similar to the Magni 3 and Vali 2. Personally, I find the Vali 2 with the right tube stronger than the Magni in the sound dissolution. But another tells you something else again. Trust in your ears and test what’s up until you find what you’re looking for. Everyone also says something different because he feels it subjectively anderst. Therefore, there are people who it is enough what offers Massdrop, the other nicht.Spontan I do not remember the Cth where you offer, when we talk about it.
Have a look at their Cavailli Tube program. Good things do not always have to be expensive.

What about the CTH? That’s also a good option

I think both have some issues though so be aware with the massdrop and cavelli stuff

Depends a bit how warm you want, the CTH has fairly prominent mid/low range, but there is still a fair amount of high in there, it doesn’t sound rolled off like a lot of tube amps.
It’s a clearly colored sound, but it’s not over done.
I like mine, it’s about 50/50 on material I listen to where I prefer it over my Jotunheim.
If you get the one with the SDAC, it’s limited to 96KHz, but that really shouldn’t impact most people.

FWIW my CTH+SDAC has been problem free, but again it’s a reasonably recent one.

Yeah, I just figured since he enjoyed the sound of the b4, that it would be somewhat similar coloration

I have had the LCX for a few months and it works perfectly. I got it during a promo for $199.00. Very happy with it and happier as time goes on. Either it burned in or my brain did.
I am thinking my set-up will be LCX, SP200 and Vali 2. Nice variety I think.

Shane D

1 Like