What did you buy today? (Part 1)

had to buy new beyer pads some sad shit right here.

10 Likes

BLON BL-05 on DROP :stuck_out_tongue: my first ever IEM

13 Likes

Well, I got a bunch of crud in yesterday, but was a little busy putting it to use for my first mod…

It’s stil a work in progress, but hey… It’s part of the way done! Now IF SHIT WILL FUCKING WORK!!!
On another note, I did cave and pick up a box for all my IEMs…

15 Likes

Focal Clear

probably selling the elex soon…

28 Likes

Just got my Final E1000 after i lost my KZ ZS10 Pros…truly a blessing in disguise: the E1000 are so much better lol.
Would recommend to anyone searching for a “jack of all trades” neutral pair of iems with great soundstage.

7 Likes

Congrats and welcome to the E series club :smiley: check out the E series thread…

2 Likes

I bought this RCA cable from Amazon to support a desk re-arrangement. Good news! This RCA cable supports all operating systems, CAT 5 & 6, and USB!!!

Debated whether or not to put this in Funny Picture thread. Oh well. Time to try sending HDTV over this cable! :laughing:

19 Likes

went from a $25 dac, to a $90 dac, to a ~$600 dac…

32 Likes

The logical progression.

6 Likes

Finally bought myself some stax

38 Likes

So I stopped by the local hifi store and borrowed a pair of these French beauties to demo for the week. Now to see how they measure up to the LCD2-CB’s.

Initial impressions: Superb imaging and soundstage, good seal delivers a nice bit of low end. Comfort is alround good, although the clamping force is a bit strong. They fit my head exactly (last step on the headband :sweat_smile:). Cable is stiffer than a corpse, will need some exercise. Did I mention they look absolutely fantastic?

16 Likes

I had to…

1 Like

Wow, they let you demo for an extended period on your own time? How does that work?

1 Like

$9 bucks with discount for some really great recorded stuff!!

6 Likes

Yeah, it could be because I’ve been a good customer and they know I take good care of their stuff. They let me demo and review the ifi xDSD for a week last time I borrowed something. They also let me demo the Klipsch R-41PM for nearly two weeks before I paid them.

I’ve usually been on good footing with the local hifi stores and most of the time they’re good a good sport in return. It’s easier if you get to know the owners for sure, since they know you share the passion. It’s much harder to borrow something from a random wholesale electronics or franchise stores.

Sole exception has been my local Linn retailer, but the guy that owns it is stingy as fuck and tries to nickle and dime people on everything. Plus he had some shady second-hand business going on back in the day, so I don’t deal with him anymore or trust him to uphold warranties. It’s fun to go in and listen to some absurdly expensive setups, but we don’t really click with each other if we put it like that, unless of course it’s Linn we’re talking. He loves Linn over everything.

EDIT: As for how it works, I just give them my details and they check my license / ID. The fine print is basically You break it, you buy it.

5 Likes

Fiio FH3 showed up early…

18 Likes

Man that was a fast one. Ping me when you’ve got a review!

Ikko Obsidian OH10s arrived today, purchased from @WaveTheory. Sir, you wrapped this up for shipping like a bawse. I’m a happy customer!

Read my impressions here:

14 Likes

Awww, shucks :blush:

I have to shift the credit to Ikko’s packaging. That little box is done well and is tough as hell. All I had to do was put the things back in it and wrap it in a piece of paper grocery bag and presto! Good to go.

1 Like

T60s and ZMF cowhide came in today. First impressions are pretty good.

13 Likes