What did you buy today? (Part 1)

well uh maybe I should also mention my ZMF oval suede pads came in too. And i’ll have you know Hanekawa is not a fox figurine but a cat girl figurine.

3 Likes

oh shit sorry lol

It’ll take some time burning them in. Let me know how you like them. Also, let me know which pads you prefer.

So, I made my first big boy purchase today. To a point where it’s probably the most valuable part of my setup now. Just brought home the Rogue Audio Sphinx V2.
My setup is now Tidal --> Schiit Bifrost MB --> Rogue Sphinx V2 --> LSiM 703

3 Likes

Hey, @M0N, is there a reason why I periodically hear a clicking noise from the XD-05? Also, what are the little pin things that came with it for?

When does the clicking happen? I think the driver is installed wrong if that happens

Check out this thread

What pins are you talking about?

1 Like

It makes a click when I hit play/pause/Next Track/Last Track, change input (slight delay), when I apply default filter (I guess it goes through a reboot?), and once it’s finished powering on. As for the pins, the little metel pin deal with a black plastic bit on one end. I know Zeos saw them during his unboxing

I think that plastic thing is a volume wheel cover, it can be installed to protect your volume wheel from being bumped

Yes that sounds like a driver issue, so perhaps try and follow that thread on how to properly uninstall and reinstall drivers

This would totally fit into my new bag…

link: https://shop.eaglemoss.com/hero-collector/rick-and-morty/rick-and-morty-messenger-bag-peace-among-worlds

2 Likes

The pin deals are the ones in the bag here (19:00)
I can’t say I know what the bagged screws are for either, though I’ll look through the thread and see if it stops the clicking.

LOVE the bag

I hope the burn in helps, my first reaction was not positive. One song I really liked on them but lost everything sounded very off and unnatural. I’ll have to let them play on some pink noise for a bit.

1 Like

Your brain has to burn into the stranger signature too lol. Took me like 4 days to fully get used to it

1 Like

What are your thoughts so far?

1 Like

um… what do you have up for sale? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It depends lol, I have a microphone for sale but I think I already got that locked down, also not selling the spring2 lol

BTW, looks like a nice DAC so congratulations! I’m worried that it doesn’t have a Gold Hi-Res Audio sticker on it like my Topping D10 does. Hopefully that’s not an issue. :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s weight is more than enough to convince someone it’s a good dac (around 130 lbs lol)

1 Like

Lmao…but but the sticker…

2 Likes

Just to make sure, is this what I’m supposed to be looking at? What’s is made out of lead? It’s beefy but it doesn’t look so huge as to weigh 130 lbs! Certainly looks like it can stop a bullet though.

1 Like