What would you class as mid-fi?

if you want to talk about the fringe and outliers you don’t understand what my question is asking. I’m talking about mainstream, but not so mainstream we’re talking about Jabra or Beats and such. mainstream in actual audio quality. creating a price bracket and assigning it to a category doesn’t hurt. of course, there will be the exception where an inexpensive product hits well above it’s weight, but again, I wanted to talk mainstream, so let’s not digress. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, regarding amps and dacs, you can kinda look at specs and measurements and see what would be good (for the most part, with the exception of those outliers). And headphone drivability really is just “do I need a desktop amp, portable amp, or one at all” for most people (I’m just using portable amps as a placeholder for more power then a phone output but not as powerful as a dedicated desktop solution). The headphones themselves make the most difference anyway as long as you are using decent quality music

1 Like

I would classify mid-fi as things I can afford…and Hi-fi as things that I can’t but sometimes still buy.

6 Likes

A very realistic definition lol

2 Likes

Mid-fi is hi-fi for the 99% and lo-fi for the capitalist bourgeois. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I like that one LD! :smiley:

If I like it, then I consider it hi-fi
If I don’t like it, then it’s lo-fi
It’s mid-fi if I can’t decide :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

why not add in the W.A.F? - “wife-acceptance-factor”

low fi - new sneakers for her
mid-fi - new iphone or tablet
hi-fi - she finally get´s her long spa-weekend

endgame - second dog

3 Likes

or the three had already a little snack - just kidding

very sweet such a “band of brothers” - must be fun watching them play around with each other

we used to have two dogs for 15 years - after one year without any dog we got our new puppy over two years ago

3 Likes

Really nice dogs :ok_hand:

I travel a lot so I wasn’t really able to get a dog. If I was home more often I would definitely look into it.

The middle cat is actually missing a rear leg, but he still messes around with the other cats just fine

These two are actually brothers though

5 Likes

my end game, as a pet, would be something like an Umbrella Cockatoo. :smiley:

1 Like

I think we need a show your pets thread… Hahaha

3 Likes

they are beautiful
we used to have a cat- she was like a dog and outside everywhere with us as she was young
cats and dogs with a problem like a missing leg cope with it and don’t get frustrated
3-PAW-Motion :love_you_gesture:

why are they all black? and did the three eat the fourth one you cant find?

1 Like

here’s our kittens from last Thursday or Friday. they’ll be 5 weeks this Thursday.

https://ibb.co/Z2H9RBH - Archer
https://ibb.co/LpWsPDZ - Masala
https://ibb.co/Sf2ypbL - Whittaker

2 Likes

I have 4 black cats and two of them are brothers, and the one not featured really likes to hide whenever I look for him

Do you have new pictures? Did all stayed at your place or did you have to give away some?

I haven’t taken anything recent, but yes, we’ve kept the mum and all three kittens. they’re getting fixed at the end of Jan…6 months already!

1 Like

Can’t take his list seriously, as there are no Grado’s.:wink:

1 Like