When Ears Attack (weird hearing quirks)

Apparently I hear less of the high frequencies when I’m not sober.

I’ve experienced stuff like this too, it’s annoying when it occurs.

Pretty sure I have mild tinnitus. It’s not enough to bother me day to day as it’s very quiet, but when I’m in a quiet room or trying to go to sleep it’s audible.

When listening to music it is totally inaudible under the noise, so this is why I am now really valuing better quality music (and not playing it too loud - probably why I have it in the first place, but meh, I’m also getting older… 37 this year - been wearing headphones for computers for as long as I can remember)

I should stop watching this thread, you make me remember and hear my tinnitus like once a week. :laughing:

2 Likes

So, right now, only when there’s just a ton of sub-bass (i.e.: just a “dark background”), I can hear really subtle, really, really high frequencies (15khz+). I felt sick yesterday, maybe it’s that. My ears doing weird things. I was hearing that from my guitar amp too.

Does this happen to broken headphones? They still sound great… but I really shocked em yesterday with static electricity. Yeah I had a weird week.

Also, I can do this.
“The most useless superpower”.

1 Like

I enjoy more my headphones at late evening or at night. In the morning is like I can’t get details from the sound. I must be broken and/or crazy…

That’s interesting, I can do that too.

That’s not normal? I’ve been able to do that all my life! I did it when I was a kid because it reminded me of my grandparents putting records on (neither of their setups had a rumble filter or LF roll-off in place so the rumble was just part of the experience.)

I have Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) and Hyperacusis. In 2019, I started using Low-Gain Hearing Aids, and they have been a game changer for me. Unfortunately, that (I think?) limits my listening options to earbuds and headphones. I did, however, recently try some IEMs last night, courtesy of @GooberBM because I was in denial and trying to get over my IEM FOMO.

(Editorial Goober Note: The 7Hz Zero was favorite…to my consternation. That is all.)

After A/Bing the Zero with the HBB Kai, Fiio JD7, and KBear Rosefinch and Storm, I confess, I was becoming audio fatigued. It was at that moment, I realized that I would have to come to accept the fact that I cannot listen to IEMs like you all do.

(Editorial Goober Note, the Second: Consolation prize…RIPPLES! EAT IT BITCHES!!!) :rofl:

1 Like

Y’all be nice to Mrs. Goober (Lisa).

I know you heathens haven’t had a girl around in a long time, but behave yourselves and take care of my lady.

Don’t make me regret this!

2 Likes