Where do I go? (HD560S)

Hm like I said it’s been a while, if you can wait a day or two i can do a listening session and compare them to my hd 650

Otherwise from memory the have for my taste a bit to much soundstage and lack a bit of sparkle in the treble for rock and metal
If you listen more to Opera or jazz they could be a nice relaxing listening, for your RnB und HipHop i can’t really give recommendations cause I don’t listen to anything like that

Yeah I’d prefer I get your opinions more empirically and less off by memory.

I’d say go for the Sundara…it’s a different sound being a planar and a good one to go with to really get to experience planar sound and see if you like it. I would also say don’t be afraid to buy used. check out the audio buy & sell on reddit, the local Craigslist and Kijiji ads as well as the the US / Canada / UK audio mart, if your location makes them an option. :slight_smile:

I thought the Hifiman Edition XS was the new Sundara :man_shrugging:

hmmm…it seems I missed seeing these launched. I suspect my brain saw Edition XS and just thought Edition X, which were a Drop collab, no?

And they’re out of my budget.

1 Like

The HD 650/HD 6xx offers some of the most relaxed listening of any audiophile can. They’re easy, easy like Sunday morning.

Save yourself some money and buy the 6xx. It’s the same headphone as the 650 at nearly half the cost.

Wait. I’m confused. You’re considering the HD 650, which cost $325 new, but the $350 Sundara is out of your price range? Or are you getting a smoking deal on the 650s?

I live in the EU. Shipping and import fees scare me.

2 Likes

I never said the Sundaras were. I said the Edition XS was.

1 Like

Got it. Cool. Good luck!

so now that i put some hours into my akgs and hd650 again i hope i can give you a better summary of the k712
The AKG’s have definitely more Soundstage and maybe a tat more detail but because you take a few steps back from the increased Stage you’ll have to search for it imo
The k712 should have more bass than the 560 if im remember the posts about it right but i would say it muddys a bit the mids and they have a drop off in the subbass
Comfort wise i would say you could wear the AKG’s for hours because of its slight clamping pressure and comfort strap, only if you wanna go around with them it could be a negative because of the light clamp they aren’t to secure on your head.

1 Like