Which streaming platform is the best? (sound quality)

I have been using Amazon Music HD for quite a while now, and it became more enjoyable after picking up a Wiim mini. I recently picked up the Wiim Pro due to the inclusion of a coax port. The PC app requires you to manually set the audio settings within windows in order to get bit perfect playback. If an album varies from 16bit/44.1khz to 24bit/48khz between tracks then you have to keep the windows settings tab open to change it each time. For Amazon Music HD a good streamer is definitely a must.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad to hear someone else is having a more productive experience with Amazon music tooā€¦ It is the least expensive. Iā€™d rather spend the money saved on Vinyl and CDā€™s

The nice thing about the Eversolo DMP A6 is that I no longer have to mess with windows drivers or the fact that I had to manually change my Primaluna DAC to 24/192 whenever it switched between 16/44.1, 24/92 and 24/192ā€¦ My windows based laptop wouldnā€™t indicate which was being sent to the DACā€¦ This streamer has Amazon Music as one of its native APPā€™s with all the associated APIā€™s (or whatever) to make it a seamless combination. The player itself has an android based OS so it seems to work well with Amazon Music HDā€¦ I still have lots to learn about this unit and itā€™s abilitiesā€¦
In regards to the question of sound quality; I donā€™t think streaming sounds as good as CD or even vinyl ( not counting the odd pop and tick on vinyl )
I had Tidal with MQA and hated it ā€¦ Amazon HD sounds fine to me and costs me $150 less annuallyā€¦

2 Likes

Plus one for AMHD here. Search and recommendations not the best, but sound
quality is very good, imo. I use it with a laptop set to 24/192 and the desktop
app indicates that as device capability, but also says the track is playing at
whatever the recorded quality is. My Bifrost has no screen of course to really know. Also the same with a Kindle Fire 10, which also plays Dolby when the
track has it. I can HEAR that difference so know thatā€™s whatā€™s being played.

2 Likes

I used Spotify for 4 years and had its Premium plan for 3 years. Iā€™m really looking forward to the launch of Spotify HiFi. But we are now well into 2023 and thereā€™s still no Spotify HiFi!!! If I keep a Spotify Premium account, music will play back at 256kbps. If have free Spotify, itā€™ll play at 128kbps. But some Spotify converters like AMusicSoft allow me to download Spotify songs at 256kbps without Premium. Spotify has raised its price now. Its Premium Individual offering now costs $10.99, up from $9.99. The price is the same as Apple Music. I want to change to Apple Music, Apple offers higher-quality lossless audio. The lossless streams will offer quality at least as good as you hear from CDs, and they can do even better.

Still really enjoying Amazon Music Hi Def. They still need to enhance the desktop app so it can be more like the mobile app, but the search and suggestion functions are definitely improving, and the music sounds great. Iā€™m still very happy with it.

1 Like

I agree with you @Raptor168 this is why I have stayed with them also.

1 Like

Yeah but thatā€™s against Spotifyā€™s terms and conditions and downloading copyrighted songs without permission in most countries is illegal so not something weā€™d recommend here on HFGFā€¦

In fact any other posts/spam relating to music converter software will result in the poster being silencedā€¦feed up with cleaning out spam in this thread.