Why would a powerful amp behave like a less powerful amp?

Could see that, it would not be a good pairing with the ether cx for sure. Some headphones that pair well with the neve imo (copied from something I wrote elsewhere):

Focal Clear or Elex, Grado PS500e or Hemps, Fostex TH900 or X00 (or EMU or Denon), Audeze LCD X/XC, Beyerdynamic DT1990 or T1.2, Kennerton GH50, Audio Technica AD1000/2000X or AWAS or WP900 or R70x, Sennheiser HD800s, Audioquest Nighthawk, etc

But if you ever take the step beyond to the next tier of headphones past the lsa, you’d really want to upgrade to the next tier of amps anyways. But if your sights are set on some planar headphones, you’d be better served by something like the g111 (or if you go mainly planar things like the monolith liquid platinum or cayin iha-6)

The jot isn’t that dac picky which is good for not needing to go too high with the dac, but bad for future scaling/upgradability imo. And with the lsa not being as picky it’s not going to be too big of a deal

Lol there’s others out there, all depends on what you are driving and what your goals are

Makes sense, a nice dap or portable dac/amp for the iems or portable headphones, and a more serious desktop stack when you take the jump further with desktop oriented cans

1 Like

I have gone as “high” as the arya and he6se, which I assume is considered above LSA, and they were pretty disappointing for me. My primary desire out of audio gear is fun that is extremely competent. The higher I went, the less fun seemed to exist. The drop ether cx, also, wasn’t fun. But it had a clarity that just blew my mind. The hp-2 is a lot of fun, but still completely competent. And I have not found much above it that could do that. ZMF maybe, but I am not confident. And, I feel like it would be a crime to drive a ZMF from a Qudelix. If it worked at all.

This is why I stopped looking at headphones and started looking at the chain. IEMs have all been great on my Qudelix. And if I wanted to up my game there, I would possibly deal with the ifi micro signature.

I think my energy needs to go into other aspects of my audio journey for now. Qudelix just solves all my problems with my current headphones. MUST RESIST ITCH TO UPGRADE. :wink: