šŸ”· ZMF Atticus

Thatā€™s not what I experienced. The chart Zach has posted on his site also says otherwise. Maybe what you perceive as warmth is something else.

The eikon pads on my Atticus push up the upper bass and lower mindrange as opposed to the Ori pads, upper midrange and treble is increased so this could make some people percieve this as being less warm but the Ori bads have more mid-bass. The thing with the ori pads is they donā€™t make the bass bleed into the lower mids like the eikons. Zach said in a recent livestream that the eikon pads on the ori are bloomier in the lower midrange, HD 650 style and this is where warmth is percieved in my experience

Interesting. In my experience I have universally preferred whatever the stock pad is for each ZMF headphone that Iā€™ve heard. But, it is nice to have options.

1 Like

Would you mind elaborating a bit more on Ori Suede vs Eikon suede on the Atticus? Thanks in advance!

I donā€™t care for the suede pads on the Atticus. When I owned the Atticus I mainly used Ori Leathers. The suede pads made the Atticus too neutral for my liking. But of the 2, the Ori are the way to go. The eikon suede disrupted the soundstage, ruined the bass, and created a harsh peak in the upper mids.

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks. The Ori leather is bit bassy for my taste and I quite like the Ori suede but was wondering how Eikon suede would sound. Guess I can save some money by sticking to Ori suede then

I think that is a good idea. The ori suede werent awful, just too neutral for my tastes (I have/had other headphones I used for neutrality). The eikon suede though were just a lot worse in almost every category. Ori suede sounded much better.

1 Like

If I prefer Ori suede than Ori leather on the Atticus, do you think Iā€™ll enjoy Eikon more than Atticus? (I kinda wanna ask about Aeolus and Auteur too but I am aware having an open back design may mean itā€™s less comparable)

I donā€™t think so. The ori suede maintained the nice soundstage that the Leathers also had. The eikon pads bring everything in and are narrow. The upper mid spike is a bit harsh too. If you like the ori suede, I say stick with them.

I do think that the Auteur and Eikon are both better than the Atticus if you are going after a more balanced sound signature. I personally own the Auteur and they are basically my main headphone that I use, so I can easily recommend them.

1 Like