🔷 FiiO BTR5

Just plug it for sure with a cable. Like the one that comes with ur phone

You need to get an otg cable

1 Like

Does it not come with a USB c to A cable?

Well for a modern phone, you would want a type c to type c cable to connect them up

Also yeah to connect it to a computer you just use a regular cable

1 Like

Ah sorry I see, I getcha now

merry xmas all!

One issue to report one which i pinged fiio on (and will need to check the app). How to turn off bluetooth (aac mode) with my iphone if i want to OTG the btr5 as a dac via USB.

hope you got some nice presents :slight_smile:

1 Like

This review made me reconsider buy the ear studio? Am I wrong for thinking this? Thoughts? May wait for it to be in stock…

1 Like

I think you should wait for it to be in stock. It seems to be way better for the same/similar pricing

1 Like

I have the BTR1, BTR3, and ES100. I’d wait for the BTR5. it sounds like it is the best of all of those in a single package. The ES100 is really great, but the build quality is a bit lacking and missing USB C. If you can charge it in an hour, the lack of battery life isn’t as impactful.

At the end of the day, I’ll keep them all and pair them with various IEMs and headphones so I can grab and go.

2 Likes

Shanling UP4 VS Fiio BTR5 Bluetooth DAC Amplifiers

2 Likes

Can the fiio btr5 push any planar magnetic headphones? What brand/model? Similar in setup to these photos I’m attaching

image image

What closed back headphones with 3.5mm input jack (so it can plug straight in without a cable) under $1000 would sound the best with this fiio btr5? Basically want to travel with a nice set of headphones and also take them on a plane?

If you are using headphones in that range, I would suggest stepping up to something like the fiio q5s, ifi xdsd, or chord mojo + poly imo

1 Like

I want to make a compact set up like the photos I’m attaching so I can go right from my phone to the headphones over Bluetooth

image image

Ok then, well so you are looking for a portable closed back? What type of sound do you like?

I’m new to the audiophile world and not sure I can explain it well, however I prefer a lot of detail and separation between instruments

Do you enjoy something relatively neutral, or like a bit of warmth, or perhaps some extra treble?

I think neutral and I do prefer treble over base. Warm sounds good, but not sure what that means exactly in this context. My main thing I look for is to make sure things are not muddy. I like distinct instruments and also when the Highs are really separated from the low base sounds

Gotcha. So are you looking for something that has only a cable input on one side (because that would narrow down your choices)?

Exactly. Just one side to plug in the small fiio btr5 abd then cast from my phone. I know the 1 jack is a limitation and also how much power the headphones need(what can the Bluetooth receiver push)? Is planar off the table?