šŸ”· FiiO BTR5

If you made a custom cable to use the 2.5mm balanced on the fiio, the fostex t60rpā€™s might actually work

The fostex t60rpā€™s donā€™t need much power?

They do, but I have a feeling that you could get them to run reasonably well if using balanced. The single side jack is somewhat of a real limitation for how high you can go lol

Thank you for your thoughts. Any planar headphones that have only 1 side jack and donā€™t need a ton of power come to mind?

Theyā€™re about $150 with shipping cost now?!! Guess Iā€™ll get the EarStudio? I donā€™t know if I can waitā€¦ hopefully the price goes down.

1 Like

i totally get you, iā€™m bad at waiting too. i think everyone in this forum is lol. on b&h itā€™s still 109, but backordered. honestly the earstudio is quite popular too and sounds good from what i hear. you canā€™t go wrong with it. itā€™s just if you can wait well you know

2 Likes

BTR5 is on the way. Spoiled by prime shipping. Looks like it wont arrive until Tuesday at the earliest. Iā€™ll let you know what I think.

Side note: Other than the Fiio cable, anyone recommend a short MMCX?

1 Like

Nice, I gotta get home so I can try out mine too lol:+1:

Like what length are you looking for? And balanced?

1 Like

Ah so yours just got delivered? Want to hear what you think about them.

Yeah I can get it like on the 10th

Balanced unnecessary. This would be for my BTR3. Running or the gym about 6-8" on each side of a Y-connector.

BTR5 will be for my power hungry IEMā€™s or headphones.

My comment was confusing. I dont have it yet. Ordered it 5-7 day shipping on Amazon. Not used to waiting. Jan 7-10 arrival.

This just arrived. I took this photo because I thought it would be fun. I might have a problemā€¦

5 Likes

lol, nice collection you got going there tho. btr5 is considerably bigger

1 Like

Yeah. I am excited to start listening. Bigger is generally better in audio. This doesnt even include my collection of blutooth cables and adapters. I think I might be a fancy hoarder.

2 Likes

I like the comparison photo, can you label them for the uninformed (me)?

Top to bottom -

BTR1
BRT3
ES100
BTR5

1 Like

Shanling UP2 and Shanling UP4 is good also

I just received my BTR5 today. I was using an xduoo xd-05 plus portable and as a desktop replacement before I received my thx 789. Biggest difference is the BTR5 is so CLEAN. My biggest issue with the xduoo was that it was definitely powerful but even when using aux in with the d50s it didnā€™t sound very clean, especially at higher volumes. But wow does the BTR5 sound clean. Honestly plenty of power even when pushing my NDH 20. At higher volumes I can clearly tell the difference between the BTR5 and my d50s+789, but honestly you should for the price and spec difference. Blon 03 sounds great as well. Seems like this is the affordable dap to beat for sensitive iems or headphones but can still push the harder stuff enjoyably. So CLEAN

4 Likes

I love how the one dudes video is like ā€œyeah this thing probably does hi res audio nice but seriously, Epsteinā€ then he goes back to ā€œyeah it pairs nice and has a nice clip and Iā€™d balanced but, Epstein. Iā€™ll be back for my review after I watch this Epstein videoā€¦ watch Epstein, you sheep!ā€ Haha.

1 Like