0.75 vs 0.78 is there a difference?

Is there a difference? I would like to buy balanced cable for my blon 03 and kz zs 10 pros. I am currently using Tripowin C8 3.5/0.78 for both of these and it seems that everything works fine, even though 03 use 0.78 and zs10 pros use 0.75… The fit of the connectors on both iems is good, not tight not loose, so I am guessing that new 0.78/4.4 cable will work just as well, but I want to check. Thanks

1 Like

I always thought 0.75 was just QDC without the shroud.

Maybe it is a manufacturing thing but I have had it where one cable does not fit a particular iem but fits all others and vice versa …Actually bent it trying… Straightened it and it was fine. still have and use it.

2 Likes

I have no personal experience with this in particular, but I have been told it can make a difference on certain sets. One can be loose or tight depending on the particular iem. Which makes sense. Depends on the manufacturers tolerance of their 2 pin plug really.

(The difference between the two is .03mm or .0011", which is 1/3 the thickness of a piece of paper.)

Seriously doubt there can be a sonic difference at all, but as someone who lost one shell of my Legacy 3 the other day because it fell of the cable while I took it out of my ear to answer the phone, I say always go for as thick as possible. 2 pin has its advantages, but it’s loose AF

1 Like

Yea I heard that too.

awww rip. I can feel the pain xD :C I guess I’ll grab the 0.78 and let you know how it works