$1000 desktop integrated amp/dac

Hi forum. I am looking for a desktop integrated amp that would be an upgrade over my current Topping MX3. Would like to spend less then 1000 US on it. It needs to have analog, optical & USB inputs (PC, cable box, PS4). Bluetooth would be nice but not nessessary. My speakers are curretly Jamo C 91 II. Have been looking at the PS Sprout 100 and the Yamaha WXA50. Any other suggestions you could offer would be great.

1 Like

Haven’t used it personally but Z reviewed it recently and it looks pretty ideal for what you are asking, and at well under your budget.

Hey! Welcome to the forum,I’ve owned these speakers before, $1k budget is gonna getcha some good stuff, how much space do you have? You mentioned an integrated amp, would you be ok with seperates? Like a stand alone power amp, pre amp, and a dac? Do you have any headphones? Otherwise the ps sprout could do the trick. Also, what country?

1 Like

Roll your own build a system. :+1:

It all needs to sit on a large desk with those other devices metioned along with a 32" monitor. I would be ok with separates but again they need to be on the smaller size to fit unless they can all vertically stack on top of each other. I have a set of Vokyl Erupt headphones and I am in the US. I also have a Soundblaster X3 that I used for gaming on the headset since I can adjust the chat volume.

1 Like

If you haven’t already tried one, mounting your monitor on a VESA arm restores a surprising amount of space.

1 Like

A smaller power amp option could be a parasound zamp, that you could also get 2 and mono block. You could pair those with something like a jds labs atom stack and would be a solid setup.

I have the Yamaha WXA-50 which I use with the TV and some ML Motion 4i speakers. It is decent power and dead silent when nothing is playing so I think it’s good quality. DAC seems ok, no headphone output if you need that or USB to a computer (just to connect a thumb drive to it). Power seemed decent to my ML 35 XTI but I always felt kinda meh. I went to a Quad Vena II and that drove these speakers WAY better, almost to loud with barely putting the volume to 9 o clock. My only issue with the Vena is it seems to have crapped out all of the sudden with buzzing coming out of my speakers noticeably when nothing is playing. Also the NAD D3045 I liked for the most part when I tried it so that is another option (bluetooth was terrible on it was my only real issue).