£1000 Gaming Pc Build

Also some motherboards; like the Steel legend B450 have RGB but what’s the point? Will I be able to sync the RGB on that motherboard up with the Corsair fans and the Corsair RGB CPU cooler? I’d probably use a commander pro to connect all my Corsair RGB by the way

Depends on the games, but 4K is almost prohibitively expensive for most people. The 1100$+ 2080ti will play most games at 4K but at a huge hit to frame rate. Most people would be better off dropping to 1440p/1080p and getting much faster frame rates, almost always done in competitive gaming.

If you are playing a single player game or just using 4K for a screenshot a much more moderate graphics card would work for you, but expect huge dips of framerate. Lower resolution but smooth is much less noticeable than hi-rez but choppy footage.

When you look at 4k with higher frame rate you would also need a higher tier CPU to not bottleneck the GPU, 450$+ Ryzen 3900x or Intel 9900k.

What games or software do you plan on using? There’s “will it run” websites where you can spec your PC and get calculated performance charts based on your gear. Spec a PC from pcpartpickers and dump into one of those sites to get an idea of what’s required for modern games.

TLDR: Your budget isn’t high enough for 4K.

Ahhh makes sense! I was only curious! So 1440p/1080p is what I’m looking to be running at in my budget?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/jZJkcf/asus-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-dual-video-card-dual-gtx1060-o6g

I quite like the look of this video card, is it any good? It matches my build very nicely!

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/vFQG3C/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-6-gb-gaming-oc-pro-white-video-card-gv-n2060gamingoc-pro-white-6gd

That’s a 3 year old graphics card and the reason it’s so expensive. If you are finding one used for way under that price maybe but this is the (more) current unit in white.

You could look at better priced black cards and pull off the fan cover and spray paint it white (voids warranty). They aren’t hard to remove, light sanding to take new paint.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NHNxK4

I don’t think your case is realistic to your budget. Have you checked out the Lian-Li line? Pretty solid cases with white options and about half the price of yours. This build has a different Corsair selected but still white and a pretty decent setup. (1660 Super graphics card is a current model)

The opposite is the case.
As your GPU has to realy work to get each frame rendered in 4k, your CPU is unlikely to be a bottleneck.

It was good when it was released. Now for ~60 bucks more you get a lot better performance.

At 4k, it is the difference between 30 and almost 60FPS
Source

I don’t think the 3700x is a good fit at this budget, especially not when you sacrifice this much GPU horsepower.

In the combo R5 3600 & 2060 Super, Op would be over budget but get a lot more bang for buck in gaming workloads.
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8qBGzN

Edit: PCPartpicker found an RX 5700XT for £380, which only pushes Op over budget by 17 bucks when going with an R5 3600
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tPvdTC

Source

That is a much better setup!

I’ll take a look at that build! Also I’ll note, I do like the look of the Corsair Carbide Spec-06 Case (much cheaper too) but I’m not sure if the RGB is as customisable as the RGB fans?

What about this build guys? It’s way over my budget but it looks amazing…!

Of course some things could be changed but what’s good and bad about that build and why?

I hate pretty much every ccarbide case I’ve ever built on they suck. At least the spec 05 and lower the spec 06 while being Improved plays at a hard sell for cases as theeahify c , phanteks p400s and p400a as well athe p350x all exist in this price region.

Looks like a good build nothing inherently wrong here. I’m the type to min max though so I would have just not gone Corsair went for a cheaper case and spent the money I saved on the case for better fans at least ML ideally noctua or be quite fans. Though I’m not the type to theme anything by brand.

I’m just happy to spend way more on the nicer Corsair case, even if it’s overpriced! It’s going to be pretty visible in my room and I’m going to have this PC for… a very long time so might as well get a nice case and then keep upgrading the components if I need to!

So that’s one person who likes that build I sent? I’ll have to see if I can extent my budget for it, if not I’ll ask you guys to see if its possible to downgrade it a little bit I’ll see!

That ~1500$ is missing the GPU (750$ spec’d one) and MoBo (250$). It’s missing the price for the fans and OS as well.

You could easily offset the prices some with some of the HDD/SDD and CPU’s posted previously but that build was probably closer to 3000$ with taxes.

I’m gonna try and make a build and post it here, what’s better for gaming, streaming and doing school work in terms of CPU:

Ryzen 5 3600x
Ryzen 7 2700x

?

see how much a 3600 (not x)
and a 2070 super is for you in pcpartpicker
add a midrange (about $100) motherboard whatever that is for you
a 650w psu (preferable gold, could be bronze but meh)
two 1tb 2.5" ssd with cache from crucial
3200Mhz of the cheapest 16gb 16cl you can find on there
and a cheap case from corsair or fractal design
idk what pound to usd conversion is but you can start there and can reduce things as you need

also you are giving up performance for rgb and a theme? your computer wont run shit very nice at that budget if you want 120+ frames on most games.

Unless you stream every day, it is the 3600x.

It just does way better in gaming and is a tad better in office tasks.

I don’t like the case. It sacrifices performance for looks.
If you want that style and looks, get a LianLi O11 Dynamic

I’m willing to pay extra on a nicer looking Corsair case anyway, the 680x looks very modern in my opinion :slight_smile:

Why would streaming everyday make a difference?

And what DONT you like about that case setup?