£1000 Gaming Pc Build

Streaming prioritizes more cores over faster cores. Your Internet will be the bottleneck anyway, so 60FPS is good, then your PC needs to pack those 60FPS for streaming.

Gaming only is easier, there is only one priority: You
Can ditch two cores for a lift in CPU-bottleneck (a lot of games are very bound by single core speed).

I have an R7 1700x (paried with a 5700xt) for heavy multitasking and video rendering. In gaming, it struggles a bit.
My secondary computer (R5 2600 and Rx 580) is a way better pairing.

If you’re dead set on the 680x then something like this would do you pretty well, unfortunately white components can be very pricey so I tried to get in as much white without breaking the bank too much, although that case does cost a lot :sweat_smile:

There are a few things on there that are out of stock and some can be got for cheaper elsewhere, but I think something like that (or with a 5700xt which from what I remember is a bit more powerful but for the same money) will be a good basis for you to start on. Obviously you can upgrade as you go too :wink:

Also, I’d say the power supply shouldn’t really need to be white since most cases will hide it, you could get braided extensions that are white in the future to add some white onto the build.

Lol I was messing about making a pc and this reminded me of how quickly it can total up…

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/

Also I have a few question guys…

What’s the difference between the gigabyte GeForce rtx 2060 white in 6B and 8GB??

And does anyone know any good white Atx motherboards that are cheap enough but support DDR4 3200 GHz?

I think the 6gb model is the rtx 2060 whereas the 8gb model is the 2060 super (the super was a refreshed model that came out around the launch of AMD’s 5700xt)

I think the best you’ll get for white on a motherboard for a reasonable price (in an atx formfactor) would be something like the Asrock b450 steel legend:

ASRock B450 Steel Legend (AM4) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MV7LR1B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_W3z0EbHB0S0MQ

1 Like

Ahhh so which GPU should I go for? I’m gaming, streaming and working from my PC.

And apparently the Steel legend has compatibility issues with the Corsair crystal series 680x???

For gaming, it does not matter if you go team green (Nvidia) or team red (AMD). (For workstation use, this strongly depends on the software used)

Of these 3, take what is cheapest:

• RX 5700 xt
  • RTX 2060 Super
  • RTX 2070

The ASRock X570 Aqua is whitest you can get current gen board. It is also your entire budget.

MSI B450M Mortar Titanium is white and silver.

The ASRock B450 Steel Legend, X570 Pro4 and Asus Prime X570-P are white-black.

1 Like

Ok thanks, what about a motherboard, any suggestions?

Also, the motherboard can be a little black, it matches the black and white tone of the case anyway, I’d just prefer it to have as much white on it as possible! I’ll take a look at those motherboards :slight_smile:

Isn’t this micro ATX?

Yes.
The ATX standard allowes ITX, mATX and ATX sized boards to be mounted in the same case. The only difference is how far they extend downwards.

This here is an ITX mainboard in a case that can take up to ATX sized mainboards.

At your budget, mATX is fine. There is a GPU hanging in that area anyway.

Yes it is realy difficult. Especially when going with a white system.

1 Like

Ahhhhh ok I understand! I think ATX motherboards look a bit better and allow more space for upgrades, you agree?

I might have to see if I can raise my budget… £1000 is a difficult budget when going for RGB and looks but I think it is still do able

I didn’t realise how expensive it could be! I might have to see if raising it to £1500 can make a huge difference… but I doubt I’ll be able to get it

And I’ll let you know how my build ideas are going, I’ll send some links and stuff like that and you might be able to give me some advice on it :slight_smile:

If you’re gonna be streaming too, it may be better for you to go with Nvidia and make use of their nvenc encoder, it can do pretty well for streaming and means that you don’t have to have your cpu doing everything on that side of things.

Problem with all the GPU based encoders is the quality. AMD and Nvidia both have the same problem where the stream delivered has loads of artifacts. TL;DR of the video below: Nvenc is okay-ish for point&click adventure games.

TL;DR of the GN video: At least a 2070 when streaming 720p30 (which is ENOUGH at the bitrate Twitch allowes) because the encoder is meh. On the R5 3600, just set OBS to fast x264 and you are off to the races.
Should maybe add: Audio is more important than image

Ah I did know that there were some things that nvenc had issues with before, I personally use x264 since it suits my needs better, but good to know that I’m definitely using the right encoder settings

1 Like

So I’m deciding on a motherboard right now;

I like the look of the ASUS PRIME Z-390-A and the ASUS PRIME X-470-PRO.

I know one supports intel and the other supports AMD.

Both of these motherboards have nice amounts of white and black and they look pretty clean.

What one would be better or what are similar ones that are better and still affordable?

Tbh I would probably personally go for the b450 steel legend ASRock Board since it’s half the price and basically has all the same features. The only real differences I can see are that it has slightly less white on it and has a Realtek Ethernet port rather than intel.