1000+ headphones Amps

Hi guys!

I’m looking for amp recommendations above 1000+.
My amp history so far, thx789, A3, RNHP, and G111.
Current setup. BF2 + soloists 3XP

I thinking about upgrading or side grading not committed yet. I really want to get my hands on the V281 as I love everything about it. But they are really hard to find now (last one I saw was 1450)

With the soloists I feel like I’m missing some dynamics or engament I dont know. The solosit is smooth and musical. Im not blaming the soloist 3xp, it is the best amp I ever had. But I want more oomph (G111 bass impact, RNHP dynamics).

1 Like

what headphones do you have and what kind of music do you like to listen to?

Did you ever end up getting a supercharger? It definitely gave me the impact I was looking for that was missing without it but admittedly that was all with harder to drive planars.

2 Likes

There is this on Head-Fi:

3 Likes

Currently t1.2nd, dt1990, hd560s, and dt900 pro.
A mix off everything. More into metal and EDM

Yes, I have the 3A supercharger.

Thanks!
I was already watching that classified!

I know it is a chunk of change, but if you can find a used iFi Pro iCAN, it is Amazing! I bought an OG (pre-Signature Edition). I paid $1,500.00 in Canadian $'s, which is about $1,100 to $1,200US. It is amazing and bass boost is addictive. The 3D is also a very cool feature, but only for a few headphones, IME.
The power is staggering (14Wpc at 16 Ohms). It is truly a jack of all trades.

1 Like

I have been watching the signature edition one for a while now. I like the looks and I’m curious to try the bass boost and 3D.

1 Like

We have shared several of your amps history, the most recent being Soloist 3XP. THEN I got the Ferrum Oor (w/ the Hypsos) and I am good for a while. After listening to the Ferrum, I realized that the Soloist was a much brighter amp than I thought. If there is a chance for you to try it out, definitely recommend.

2 Likes

I have heard of it. Are you using it with the power supply?
For now, the Ferrum Oor is out of my price range.

1 Like

I have the Ferrum Oor+Hypsos and I will tell you from my own experimentation, that you want to use the Oor+Hypsos and not just the Oor and its included power brick.

What is your budget limit?

Too bad the v281 went so quickly that would have been awesome, the 340 that is currently on head-fi would be a nice piece to have and would work well with your BF2. I have a BF2 and put it on my v550 (pretty much the 340 & 550 share in a similar sonic signature) just to try things out and it sounded really good. The BF2 with my v281 sounded OK, but was not optimum, it was a little too congested and loosing some upper end detail/clarity. This was not the case with the v550+BF2. I also have a Yggdrasil and put it with the v550 and that is amazing so, you would have some decent synergy upgrade path options if you wanted to stick with the Schiit DACs

I don’t mean to should like a schill for Violectric aka Lake People, but their gear is built solid and works very well with a nice feature set and a variety of tunings to suit various preferences. I’ve had or have three of their pieces and I am considering now a Niimbus US5 so…

1 Like

Thanks for the input!

At the moment I’m just looking for “possibles”.
Tbh, I always wanted the v281 for the looks. I’m considering the new lineup amps.

For the Dac, I don’t have any plans to upgrade but have seen many people happy with the schiit offerings.

Also, there is a Niimbus US5 on sale at the classifieds.

1 Like

New contenter!

The is supposed to be violectric V202 and V222 coming this fall (V200 and V280).

I haven’t listened to it myself, but you might also want to take a look at the Bryston BHA-1 in this price range, I’ve heard good things.

1 Like