177x alternative

yes…and pads can assist in altering the clamp, but you expressed reservation in buying recommended pads because they aren’t inexpensive. looking at the used market may help mitigate the cost issue.

This right here ^ the dekonis completely change how they clamp. You can get brainwavs too if you want really cheap they work well

1 Like

Do you have any of the similar clamp issues you have on the 177x but on the DT 770? Seems like they both have the same or somewhat similar fit. I’m considering both of these headphones and was leaning more towards the 177x, but now that I hear about these clamp issues it makes me very skeptical as I am sensitive to clamp (the M50X and X2HR are very uncomfortable to me for these reasons). If the 770 doesn’t give you these clamp issues then that might push me to that pair instead of the 177x.

I haven’t had no clap issues with the 770 at all fits nice and snug, when I got the 177x they had a pretty tight clamp and the cups didn’t seal around the back side below my ear and left a gap. It seemed like the headband is small then the 770, so it might be because I have a big head? Not sure. I never had a seal problem with the 770, 990, 1990, TYGR.

1 Like

Exactly what @Droccord said.

Its literally not an ear pad issue its how the actual headband is for people with wider heads. My 770 doesnt do it but the 177x was awful. Only solution would be angled ear pads but those are $80 bucks on $450 headphones.

I actually got the AKG K371, wonderful and very close to the 177x one of the things it lacks is soundstage when compared to the 177x but for $130 right now its worth a try.