2.1 power amp that does 80+W at 4ohms with RCA

Hi,
I am in the process of upgrading all my audio gear, to give you an idea this is what I recently purchased

The next step is upgrading my speaker setup, the d90 has RCA outputs so it must have RCA inputs, I would like something around the same size 220 x 45 x 160mm (WxHxD). I will be happy with something a little bigger but something like the emotiva a100 or 300 is just to big.

I need it to do 4ohms as the speakers I currently have are 4ohms and I will be keeping them for sometime, the power I would like to keep at 80w, but would be willing to drop if something is suggested that is amazing. I also require the speaker outs to be Banana plugs

I would like a pure amp, so many are dac/amps combos and a clean front would be a nice bonus so no headphone points, just power and volume.

I would like a sub out so I can upgrade to have a sub in the future to take care of lows, the budget I am looking at is around 1k US

Items I am currently looking at are
nad 3045
ps sprout 100
DA-8S
pa-3
BT30A - only 50w at 4
TAS5630 - 75w channel at 4
I know some of these are not 2.1 but if I can not get a 2.1 then so be it, I currently have an smsl ad18
Show me what you got

1 Like

Have you looked at Parasound?, https://parasound.com/pdfs/zznc-brochure-2019.pdf

also does your sub have speaker cables in and out? if so you can run your speaker cables from amp to sub then out to speakers

I don’t have a sub at this point, I will be purchasing one in the future after I upgrade the amp.

Basically same amp, one is integrated, other just a power amp so you would need a preamp (that DAC should be able to do it?)

I have them both with Klipsch RP600Ms and its a blast. Very balanced and neutral sounding. Defo not a V shaped, bright amp. Zero Fidelity did a great review on it as well.

E: Sorry, its too big for you, did not spot the size limit first :frowning:

The NAD and Sprout would be my top choices from your list, but I would go with the Emotiva BasX A-100 over both (that is my biased opinion since I own the A-100).

It’s starting to come to the point that I am going to have to get a larger device, the size limit I might have to let go off as I am struggling to find anything in that size range

Topping PA3 is really small, inexpensive, often recommended here, and does exactly 80Wpc @ 4 ohms.

Sounds a lot like 1U half width.

The Apart Champ-4 has passthroughs on all 4 channels (which could be workable for subwoofer(s) ), ticks the power requirement and has a mostly clean front.
Problem are width and depth…
And that Aparts manuals are mostly pointers at the functions, without fully telling you what they do.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MQB6QP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_726eFbBCYWFW9

Yeah there are tons of amps out there than can power the speakers at 4ohms at 80w per channel but getting the sub out in that same amp is a real pain.

I’ve pretty much settled on the svs sb 1000 for the sub at this point

You tried this one? Apparently it sounds great – and not just on “budget” equipment.

Amp at this stage looks like it’s going to be a SMSL SA300, it’s smaller form factor, has 80w per channel at 4ohms with a sub out it should be ablew to power a svs sb 1000, I’ll keep looking at this stage but think I found what I want.

1 Like

Great sub btw. Been running it for half a year and its a beast. Very “musical” too.

i have not yet. but i do have other fosi audio products and they are rock solid.

1 Like