2.1 System Suggestions

To start off, I am technically using this setup for nearfield at the moment since it’ll be for my desktop computer, however I’m planning to maybe use this for HT in the future. Reason I preface with that is because, for the subwoofer, I already went and bought a Rythmik LV12R since I saw one selling used for a reasonable price. I was originally planning for a SVS SB-1000 Pro or something along those lines since I was expecting to keep this as a nearfield setup, but now I’m thinking of sticking with just one system rather than having one for my PC and another for my TV.

So, with that out of the way, here are the bookshelf speakers I’m currently looking at on the used market to complete my 2.1 system:

• B&W 707 s2
  • Triangle Espirit Titus EZ
  • Triangle Borealis BR03
  • Elac Uni-fi Reference UBR 62
  • Canton VENTO 830.2
  • Dynaudio CS 500
  • Dynaudio DM 2/6 or 2/7
  • Jamo C803
  • Paradigm Studio 40 v2
  • SVS Ultra

I know it’s a lot and probably all over the place, but this is probably one of the few times I haven’t done a ton of research before looking around the market. Sadly this means that I’m using a shotgun approach and just looking at everything in my price range that seems like a good deal. There are even more, too, but I’m electing not to add them since the list has already gone on for far too long.

Other than the Rythmik sub, I have an Ares II DAC and will be getting an amp, but probably something cheap like an Aiyima T9. I’ll be mainly using it for music for now, but will eventually use them for movies and music later on. Hopefully this wasn’t too much, just trying to dip my toes into speakers as a mainly headphone guy.

You may not have considered them, but give RSL Speakers a shot, either the CG3Ms or the CG5s and Speedwoofer10S mkII. Thet have a 30-day no BS return period and the Speedwoofer is probably the best sub for Under $500, a pair the best under $1000. I got the CG5s to try as a pair of “semi-portable” speakers, but I’ve been breaking them in on my main system and they may actually replace my Buchardt S300 mkII speakers. They are tremendously balanced, and while they have great dispersion the imaging and depth are unreal for the price. Definitely put them on your list, even just to try; they are sold primarily as HT speakers, but they absolutely rock as a 2.1 music setup, too.
Edit: they’ll work just fine with that Rhythmik, so you can skip the Speedwoofer unless you want to try another sub at the same time and return it if you don’t prefer/want it.

emotiva b2+

1 Like

Hi im looking to get a setup for my living room tv. im mostly looking to get a 2.0 or 2.1 setup, i have a set of Polk Monitor 45B speakers and looking for an amp or AVR that would work well for both tv watching and music. also any suggestions on better speakers would be appreciated been looking at Elac , Klipsch and KEF

loxjie a30, smsl ad18, smsl da9, smsl sa300 . speedwoofer 10s mkii if youre looking for 2.1 this is without knowing what features youre looking for and price etc

i was looking at those but was concerned about not having HDMI ARC as i would like to only need to use one remote if possible. im trying to replace a horrible soundbar for my TV but im not looking for surround sound just good quality sound from good speakers. im assuming using any of these dac amps i would need to use the supplied remote for volume along with my tv remote for everything else

SVS PRIME Wireless Pro Powered Bookshelf Speaker has hdmi arc and can control all with tv remote but its a powered speaker not passive…

are the Klipsch Fives any good? they seem a bit more affordable

idk . never heard or watched a review on them

So the Klipsch Fives have pretty good reviews. But I’m wondering if I get the Jamo s807 floor speakers and a Denon receiver which would be better.

I’ve never heard the Jamos so I can’t help there, but I think the Klipsch Fives are pretty good and you can find them get some really good prices these days. The $469/pair at Amazon right now looks like a good deal.

Thanks yea I just ordered them I should be getting them today. I’m hoping these will be good.

Good stuff! I hope they work out for you. :sunglasses:

The Fives sound great no need for a sub.

Wow, they got those out to you pretty quickly, huh? I know a few people who are fans of the Fives and make them something of a standard affordable rec these days. I have heard them a couple times myself and thought they were pretty good. I’m glad that they’re working out for you. And no sub needed? One less box with one less cable sounds like a victory these days, for sure. :sunglasses: