250 ohm vs 600 ohm for gaming

Depends on if it’s strictly for gaming. Personally I say E30 is a good standard for me in that price. You could sell that d10 and pick up the E30 but honestly, I would say just stick with the D10 for now do some studying. If you want a step up it would depend on your headphone. Some dacs just sound better with certain headphones and their sound signatures. If your going after the bifrost 2 though and can manage it I definitely whole heartedly recommend it but, definitely make sure you have a good selection of headphones and an amp thats of a higher grade first. I use my Bifrost 2 with my Liquid Platinum and about to invest in either a Darkvoice or Bottlehead Crack + Speedball but I also have a huge selection of headphones and quite a few that are pretty demanding

Oh no this would be for listening to music. I’ve been eyeing the modius because it looks so good with the asgard. I don’t think I can swallow a $700 pill right now lol. I currently have dt 1990’s, hd600, argons and blessing 2.

The modius is supposedly a warm clean sounding dac but it’s one I am curious about as well. My buddy bought a tube preamp which made me a bit curious too sounds pretty nice and those are shockingly cheap he paired it to his THX 789. Sounded fantastic with his sennheisers. He mentioned Joshua touched on it as a recommendation and I definitely have to agree on that review of his. I have too many to list but I can list what I have here sitting nearby. Tygr 300r, argons t50rp(borrowed), 177xgo(borrowed, Dt1990, T1.2, 58x Jubilee, 660 S, HD 598, K7xx, Phillips Fidelio X2HR(gonna be sold probably), HE-35x, Hyperx Cloud Alpha, Starfields, Blon-Bl03, and some others.

Which preamp was it if you don’t mind me asking. Also, nice collection im quite jealous :laughing:

He ended up buying the same one recommended in the video. This one here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QPSZ1MW/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=joshuavaloury-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07QPSZ1MW&linkId=7af3ff6c8efe16f94c470733ba65b344

I remember asking zeos on his stream if the atom stack is enough to power the dt880 600 or should i stay with the 250 ohm and he replied with force hell no its not enough to power it and you should just stick with the 250 ohm thats why I asked this question again

That’s a little extreme. It powers them just fine. Always take everything he says with a grain of salt. Or a teaspoon…tablespoon? Yeah

Okay, so you think I’d be good with the 600 ohm with the atom amp and atom dac.

Oh no. Its only $50. Why does it have to be so cheap!

For sure. The atom amp powers 600ohm headphones better than the thx 789 SE

zeos has uhh a habit of being pretty extreme in some cases lol. I don’t particularly like the atom pairing I find the liquid spark or magni 3+ makes them sound better since they are warmer sounding and really pair well. Take reviewers opinions as a subjective point of view always yeah? Though zeos is quite often right on whats bad and what isn’t from my experience his statements are still subjective… all this hobby is pretty much subjective opinions lol.

I do think you will be fine. More so if you decide to upgrade in the future as you stand to just make it sound even better.

my opinion exactly… I am super tempted to pick it up after listening to that combo. Gonna do some figuring first on that though lol.

pff less you balance the dt 880s or preamp them eh? IIRC 789 is a strong amp but its mostly in its balanced connection

He’s nuts. Zeos thinks its no good unless you got a powerhouse amp to connect it too. which in my opinion is a little eccentric. I use a RNHP with mine and it sounds great.

Tell him Antpage said to get the 600ohm, lol would like to hear his reply. i used to talk to him on his chat.

besides you’ll probably upgrade the amp in the future. do you like speakers? get the Emotiva A100 and power the speakers and your awesome 600ohm dt880.