~250€ Turntable recommendation

Oh ok I’m sorry I thought that you were saying that there’s a problem.

1 Like

Nope there shouldn’t be any lol

1 Like

Second Imput well become helpful with a Turntable in the Future. Maybe use the Second output for a nice headphone amplifier later on?

As far as I know the Mackie will convert unbalanced to balanced. A short run of unbalanced cabel from the DAC to the Mackie won’t hurt but unbalanced speaker wires could pickup some noise when getting routed next to Mains Power or a Computer.

1 Like

Hmmm I don’t think this is the case since it’s a passive device, it will run unbalanced over balanced cabling.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I thought.
And as for the Mackie it says on the back of it that it’s balanced or unbalanced. I guess it depends on what goes in.

1 Like

Yes it will take either unbalanced TS 1/4 inch or balanced TRS 1/4 inch. If the incoming signal is balanced then the outgoing will be balanced as well. I would say get 1/4 inch TRS cables so you can still run them unbalanced for now but go balanced easily without re cabling in the future

1 Like

THX…
You might be right… it isn’t converting but he should still go with TRS

Gosh we went from Vinyl to THX in 4 days lol.

2 Likes

What’s that ?

He is just saying thanks lol?

1 Like

Ohmboy’s comment seems out of place and I just thought he’s refering to something else like certifications or whatever. You recommended the Topping E30. Can I get that and skip the Big Knob passive ? It apparently has a remote control.

I think you could do that just fine, just be careful with the volume lol

what do you mean? :))

1 Like

Just make sure to not accidentally max it or something lol