<$300 headphones for female vocals?

Man’s got a Magnius, no problemo.

Thanks for all your answers guys. Maybe price will drop next friday or holidays, i’ll have more time to think until then, but they seem like the winner.

The Sundara’s now at $350 which is a tad above budget but might be worth looking at :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have really been enjoying the 560s lately. I don’t think you’d be disappointed with those. I’ve been listening to mine mainly with the BTR5, and it sounds fantastic-especially vocals and guitars. The only issue with that set up is the long unruly cable, bit that can be remedied pretty easily.

1 Like

Just to add up a little, if you want to buy new and experiment a little I recommend www.headphones.com . They occasionally have some open-box discounts, and they offer a 365 return policy, were you pay shipping but they refund the value if you keep everything good. I think it’s a decent option for try and return, specially outside the US.

1 Like

Just beware of this on their sale and open box items as this subject has been raised here before :+1:

ELIGIBLE PRODUCTS

Special order, sale and open-box items are not covered by our 365-day return policy. However they are usually covered by the manufacturers warranty.

2 Likes

I think all sound like good recommendations. You can’t go wrong with the HD600’s.

Sundaras are also well respected, but they are planars, so you need a good amp.

Also, you can’t go wrong with Sennehiser’s, I think that HD560S are also well respected, but not sure how they would compare to the HD600’s.

I like my iBasso SR2’s for vocals… but depending on where you get these, they range from ~500 USD - 600 USD. Since they are quite sensitive, you don’t need a lot of power to drive them. This sounds like a pretty tough punch above your budget, but thought I’d bring them up.

I also have the HD6XX which are amazing for vocals. If that’s how the HD600 sounds, I would buy the HD600’s. Very open and spacious, gorgeous mids, well extended highs.

1 Like

Thanks again, I already own the sundaras, im looking for something different, less analytic and revealing, more focused on the mids.

Im concerned with hd 560s that they may be too flat and similar to sundaras, but they seem way better for the price than the hd 600. I’m only picking between those 2 at this point, since they fit my head way better than the already comfy sundaras, and can drive them good.

I owned the Sundaras for a while, but they never came together in a cohesive way for me. I’d call the 560s analytical, but still musical. Very good and complete presentation. I also like them more than the 6xx–similar vocals with, again, a more complete presentation.

1 Like

Im quite big fan of the 880 600 ohm as well as sundaras for female vocals.

thats a great insight, do you think the 560s are different enough to justify owning both? how much more organic/musical do you find them?

me too! I just get fatigue very easily from both the bass and the treble on the sundara, lol. love that punch but it hurts after 2hrs.

ah I see so something smoother/ darker. yeah then I will second the previous recommendations for the akg’s reccomended up above as well as the sennheiser 650 or if you can import the 58x that would be excellent as well. but depending on import fees it might now be worth

Im looking to test akg’s headband before buying any, sennheiser tends to have great discounts and warranty where I live, importing drops seems too unpractical to me.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah… drop stuff gets too expensive with import fees.

Too much bass and treble causes ear fatigue. This is why I avoid V-shaped stuff.

For sure give AKG’s a listen, and I don’t think you can go wrong with Sennheiser’s - just make sure to pair them up with a brighter amp, otherwise you will kill off too much of the upper end. Sennheiser’s are known for being very open and airy, while I am not too informed about AKG’s - but they seem pretty well built

If at some point in time you do find the budget for the iBasso SR2, I can tell you that they are my most listened to headphone. Especially for vocals and instruments. They have a well defined bottom end that isn’t excessive, very refined mid-range (the main reason they are my most listened to headphone), and a very good upper-end extension that also isn’t excessive.

Besides that you are getting a package that is worth well over its msrp (imo). Either way, don’t want to rant about it too much if they are not within your budget and comfort zone.

Way above budget for now, will keep them in mind for the future.

By now i’ve decided to go with 560s when they are on stock or the 600 if they are discounted before that. Easy free returns for both so cant go wrong.

1 Like

Changed the title to less than < instead of greater than > cause my OCD just couldn’t take it no mo’. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

BTW, I think based on your amp and what you’re looking for the HD58X is the HP you want. I know you said you don’t have access to Drop, but maybe find it used if it’s accessible?

I love my HD580, I love my HD600 they’re different but also similar where it counts in the voice. If you go the HD600 route though I don’t think you’d get the most of your amp pairing. HD58X is a very amp independent headphone introducing benefits of its own while maintaining the good mid-centric signature of the Sennheiser genetics. It’s also much cheaper in the used market than the 600.

2 Likes

You got it, happy that you made up you mind =)

Ive had no luck finding them used on head fi for example, dont know where to look, ebay and such skyrocket the price even when used. guess ill keep looking for these as well, but its less practical…

Around 260usd open box with shipping and taxes is what ive found lol

Maybe with my chinese tube buffer and warmer zen dac the 600 will sound good enough? The magnius is super powerful on the balanced