<$300 headphones for female vocals?

I’m not sure what to tell you about owning both. I’d say get the 560 and decide for yourself. I personally don’t find anything on the 560 fatiguing. To me they sound extremely accurate and organic–more so than my Elears. I do feel like the Elears have more resolution and better seperation, but I also feel they color the music more. Verdict is still out on whether the 560s can replace my Elears for my daily drivers, but I’m going to give them some more time. I really like them both.

1 Like

save for hd600. they are the vocal kings and do well with music. drop stuff are mostly decent deals, but they come with qc and longevity issues as they are cheaply made. 6xx are modeled after the 650’s. 58x after the jubilees. both do well with music and vocals, but the best vocals are on the 600’s.

you will be fine with the that combo. the zen series plays very well with hd600 series. and as long as you do not try to ruin your hearing, they get plenty loud just off of the zen dac. tube buffer will give you even more gain. the bass boost is perfect for 600 series as the low end is the only thing weak on them.

btw i own and use a zen dac and a bottlehead crack. i use them both equally with my 600’s. depending on what music i am listening to.

edit: and i find genre to not so much be the issue, as much as time frame. i find stuff recorded before the 80’s as a whole sounds better on the crack. stuff more modern tends to sound better on the zen.

2 Likes

Thanks again to everyone for your insights. After watching a ton of reviews im going with the 600, and sennheiser sells them for less than 300 in my country, im just waiting for them to restock.

4 Likes