4.4mm Pentacon extension

You rang, bro?

Yeah, Xinhs is the boy to contact if you wanna do it cheaper but still get the quality. As long as he got the parts, he can do it.

Example of the freakshow @TkSilver was talking about:

3.5 trrs for portability

well I guess I am just an animal then and the only one that ends up bending my 3.5mm connections :laughing:

1 Like

Only thing I bended so far are the fucking 2 Pins on IEM cables… drives me nuts

2 Likes

I only bent one. It was in an airplane out that faced in towards the inside of the seat where you sit. I am a wide guy and when i stood up my leg hit it and it bent. It worked but was bent. It survived many snags in my commutes prior.

1 Like

Just placed the order this afternoon with Xinhs. The contact was very friendly, helpful and very reactive for a saturday. I’m quite impressed.

Now I just have to wait.

2 Likes

Ihave no earthly need for 4.4mm form factor…Sonys new “standard”…There is no issue with the highly used standard 4 pin xlr connector…strong, easy to make, vs the smaller 4.4mm one…they tried to sell us on the smaller 2mm version and lots of complaints…

Even iFi came out with their 4.4mm version over the smoke over the first smaller 2mm balanced form factor.

The only reason this has come about is for smaller and smaller devices…

But their are tons of desktop stuff that can use the larger and more sturdy existing 3 and 4 pin XLR jacks that have been around for YEARS!!

Hey marketing are YOU really listening or do you think we all are lemmings??

OMG here we go again!

Portable use fine…but please STOP there!

Alex

Just received today the cable (custom was no problem). I went with a 16 core, all gray. First impression is very good. Will see how it last.

Many thanks to all of you who recommend Xinhs. This is why I like this forum, good people, good advice.

3 Likes

Nice, glad you are happy. Just got 2 IEM cables from Xinhs today as well.

So happy I found this post! I was looking for a 4.4 extension as well and just ordered from Xinhs today. Very reasonable price for a custom.

1 Like

But what it adds is Two seperate amplifiers, with no common earth/return, thus providing a cleaner signal.

I am not sure what you try to say here.

are there any options for a 6" 4.4mm Pentacon M/M cable to connect my Zen DAC with my Zen CAN?

Like this?

1 Like

yep…but bloody hell on the price! Amazon.ca has it for $57.00 CAD. <_<

perhaps it’s time I learn to make cables myself :stuck_out_tongue:

$22.50 in the US. I’m kinda surprised that Zen didn’t include this in either one or the other units. Apparently you aren’t the only Zen owner searching for one.

1 Like

Or just mail XINHS with your requirements :+1:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/910746107?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802sBmYfj

1 Like

for anyone that is still interested in an extension cable I found this offerhttps://www.allekabels.nl/delock/6335/3476430/delock-verlengkabel-jack-4.4-mm-5-pins-male-naar-female-5-m-zwart.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAi9mPBhCJARIsAHchl1xzxJSSie1UyPOm8rL70hlSCM5AdC5xnavLXANLmn6v3ar_UDYB5RMaAr1wEALw_wcB

3m/2m/1m/.5m is also available.

I ordered a cable and hope it’s of reasonable quality. :slight_smile:

Cheers