4 channel? or better speakers?

First post! :smiley:

So i have 2 pairs of Klipsch R-14 speakers one pair for my PC setup which is using the SMSL AD18 and the other pair for my budget Home audio setup which uses a 2.1 channel receiver (Pioneer VSX-531) to power the speakers to listen to CD’s, vinyl, and cassettes.

I want to incorporate the two spaces together to have a single listening area (via Optical from my PC to DAC built in to receiver).

Would it be better to upgrade to a receiver with more than 4 channels to utilize all 4 speakers? sell the 2 pairs for single better pair? also I’ve been thinking i want to replace that receiver with something more simple its not hooked up to a tv it just has to many inputs i don’t use seems like a waste.

So would this just be for music or would you be trying multichannel for movies?

This would be just for music

So personally, I don’t think it would be worthwhile for a multichannel setup, and I would suggest upgrading the speakers imo. I think you would have better sound quality and a more natural listening experience. Using multichannel that uses all the speakers for 2 channel audio would be less than ideal, and can also reduce sound quality in some cases

Thanks for the advice so ill probably sell the 2 pairs and the receiver and just use the SMSL’s 3.5mm input from my graphic eq (which is hooked up the the cassette player and turntable) to output to a single set of speakers and a sub.

1 Like

Yeah, IMO that would yield the most improvement (and the least amount of hassle)

1 Like