5 items you can't live without?

What do you need a gun for though? You already put food on there so you don’t need it for hunting. I think people put stuff there that they wouldn’t be able to get/harvest without aid. Of course no one can live without air, water or food, but you can find air, water and food wherever you go. I can make a makeshift knife to cut stuff, I cannot make a makeshift IEM from stuff I find in the wild.

O2 is a given. If we don’t have that then we’re done. If the O2 just left the atmosphere you wouldn’t be able to just find it. Its not like you can just find an O2 tank and everything is good lol.
Same goes for potable/drinkable water. Depending on what situation we’re in you can’t just turn on a faucet and get water. If power goes down water will become a difficult necessity to find real quick.
Knife or axe for gathering wood/tinder, if fire is needed. Knife can be used as a cooking tool if need be. And making a makeshift knife that actually works is harder than you think. You’ll probably end up hurting yourself and doing more harm than good with a makeshift tool that’s not properly designed. And last thing you want in this situation is an injury.
And a hatchet would be ideal. Easy to carry around. Can use it for more than just a hatchet/can be a multi purpose tool.
Why do I need a gun? Well, same reason I have one now, protection. And if food gets low It makes hunting a whole lot easier.
And looking at the lack of necessities on some of these list it’ll be a day or two before people start coming for my shit lol. So yeah, gun and ammo would be nice, but a luxury. That’s why it’s a bonus.
And if I was forced to pick an audio device it would be a fostex tr-x00 headphone. I’d use the cable as rope and the wooden cups as little bowls lol.
But audio equipment isn’t going to get you far without something to play the music. I guess you can put the iems in your ear as ear plugs?

Actually, if a ham radio counts as an audio source then that would be mine. Better option.

1 Like

Yeah guns aren’t just used for hunting lol. Gotta stay protected at all times

1 Like

I also think if we had the basic necessities covered, and we are talking more luxury items then our lists would be different/more fun lol.

Kind of a hermit now so top 5 would be
My wife ! Oh wait… she is deceased… Medical mistakes but cannot prove.
My desktop pc with my amp / dac
My headphones/speakers and music
My echo devices for a voice from the world
My dog, all I have left from my wife
My Race sim rig so I can lose myself when I need to…

1 Like

I think this was made for stuff that isn’t absolutely necessary but are luxuries that you really value in your life

3 Likes

You guys in the US are crazy lol

1 Like

I guess it depends on where you live then. Over here there are rivers and streams everywhere you could drink from. Also over here no one carries guns so I don’t need one to defend myself from people with guns. I’d probably go vegetarian in a situation like this, it’s nice and well to shoot a duck but I wouldn’t know what the hell to do with it after that anyway :P.
I interpreted the question as: ‘what 5 things you really don’t want to miss?’, not ‘what 5 things would you need if you get dropped in the middle of a forest?’.

Then my list would be:

• A metric but ton of canned food
  • A lighter
  • A knife
  • A canteen
  • A dog
2 Likes

Yeah, I can see celebrities thinking that necessities are a given and just move on to more luxury items lol.

Yeah I read it as 5 items you can’t live without. And my mind immediately goes to survival lol.

And we could drink from mountain streams around here but just to be safe you’d probably want to boil the water or add a purification tablet/drops.

And the threat doesnt have to have guns if they out number you and especially if they have knives/bats/weapons etc. You could keep off a group of 5, maybe more if you have a gun and they don’t.

Haha wherever I go, I always have a hoodie! I only have one pair of IEM, or do you mean only left or right? haha

1 Like

ah no lol so i meant out of ur iems u can only keep one pair! and yeeeee hoodie gang

1 Like

haha well that’s good as they are wired lol!