50$ Backup IEM suggestion

Hello guys,

As backup for my headphones I’m looking to get some (cheap) IEM.

They should be quite sturdy, as they would mostly live in my backpack or be taken during holidays. Preferably with good isolation, a non-detachable cable and a 3.5mm at the end. The source would be a Sony NW-A45, bugdet is 50$. Sound signature neutral but as long as it’s not too crazy I could go with it.

I’m also not sure if i want removable tips, as they can be lost. But maybe some IEM hold the tip better than other.

Any suggestion?

Go for Mele, tuned by @hawaiibadboy

3 Likes

Mele is good choice. But if you dont want an eternity to wait for the Mele to be shipped, BLON BL03 is good too.

1 Like

Relaxed set you mean?
Tin T2 or T2 Plus (not Pro).
They are absolutely built for relaxed holiday strolls. Not bassy and sturdy af too.

Blon BL-03 are on par, but they have fitment issues for most people and the cable is shit. BL-03 needs tip change and cable swap to be as good as the OEM quality of Tins.

1 Like

Guys, Mele/Bl-03 won’t cut it for a neutral signature. They are V-Shaped.

Pure neutral I’d go Final Audio E1000. They are very easy to grab and go since they are very tiny and they come with one of the best Tips on the market (only reason I have one pair).

They have a plus. If you get bored, micropore tape it and they get bassy.

7 Likes

KBear Neon may be worth a look if you can do 1/BA. Tiny, sturdy, above-average isolation, neutral, cheap. They do have removable cables (tip-down QDC), but they’re well attached and you never need to remove them if you don’t want to.

1 Like

Final Audio E1000/E500
Moondrop SSR
Tin Hifi T2
Kbear Neon
HZ Heart Mirror

5 Likes

x2, look at Final Audio’s E series!

E2000 will be the most neutral of the lot.

No its not.

2 Likes

we agree to disagree.

but in my head I meant against the 3000.

Compared to the rest (3k,4k,5k) sure. But its still not a neutral tuned iem. Bass, specifically the mid-bass is elevated a lot more than what is considered neutral.

I can’t read that FC because I’m colorblind. I see a mass of lines with similar shapes and a jumble of colors that immediately makes my brain cross it’s wires and shut down from being overwhelmed at the data and inability to compute it. :frowning:

1 Like

Tin T2 Plus you can’t go wrong

Wow that’s a lot of suggestion. I’ll get through them these week-end and come-back.

In advance many thanks!

is there any particular reason you want fixed cables? that’s a real weakness for IEM’s and one of the usual death knells if it isn’t having gone through the wash, LoL!

How often have you washed an IEM?

me? a couple of times. my wife? too many to count and the number of stories I’ve seen on forums, reddit, etc of others doing this…innumerable!

…and for everything else, there’s MasterCard!

Keep your iems in little boxes I guess…
:upside_down_face:
Jk, I try not to carry iems without case most of the time, but sometimes u just gotta yolo it…

You’ve got your suggestions bruv. All the best and enjoy your iems!!