Working with a ~$500 budget for a first HT setup.
What I have:
- Vizio M658-G1 4k Television
- Seating position (couch) is roughly 8 ft from the front of the entertainment center/TV Stand
- Roughly 12 ft wall-to-wall from behind the tv to behind the couch.
- Ceiling is 10 ft high.
- 2 x RB42 as R/L sitting directly beside the television on the stand which is 29 inches high.
- RB42-C as center channel sitting directly below the television on the upper most shelf of the entertainment center/TV stand.
- Find a good deal on a ~$250/$275 AV Receiver with ARC and 4k/HDR passthrough (Refurbished is fine, recommendations welcome, already looking at Denon, Yamaha, and Sony options).
- I don’t have space for a sub or surrounds (5.1, etc) so strictly looking for the best movie/tv/game audio quality with 3 channels (L/R/C).
- I can’t mount anything to the walls.
- Don’t have space for floor stands for the RB42’s or for tower speakers.
- Have exactly 6.68 inches on either side of the tv to set L/R or a bit more on the bookshelves that flank the entertainment center (both sides). Bookshelves have backing on them and will have other things on the shelf so I was concerned with stifling the sound.
Anyone have any receiver recommendations, alternative speaker recommendations, personal experience with this in a similar size space?