560s vs dt880 in term of comfort?

seems I my wires got crossed somewhere and was thinking the HD560s was something else.

the NHC though, definitely warm and fun!

1 Like

I had the 560s and that same bump annoyed me too, but I got used to it. I did sell my pair a while back though. I still have my DT880 and Iā€™d say itā€™s a lot more comfortable from memory. I have the premium chrome edition and Iā€™ve replaced the headband with some random amazon one thatā€™s thicker and a lot more comfortable on my head. The old stock headband used to give me headaches. Itā€™s definitely one of those headphones that you forget that itā€™s on your head. The 560s used to also give me a headache with its headband. Also I wouldnā€™t really describe the DT880 as bright, Iā€™d say itā€™s a touch v shaped. It definitely has a little ā€œbloatā€ compared to some other headphones, all I have on hand right now are the HD58x and HE400se, and thereā€™s definitely a little bloat compared to those two. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s a bad bloat, you get used to it and if youā€™re willing to eq it and can be a really fun and punchy sounding headphone. The 560s to me sounded harsh and ā€œintenseā€; I donā€™t notice the treble with the DT880s. You could hear them differently though

Update:

I canā€™t find dt880 in msrp price in my country so I decided to try on Sundara. Fortunately, for me itā€™s a bit more comfortable for a long work session.
Sure 560s is more comfortable in the first hour but after that itā€™s getting worse over time.
In the other hand, Sundara a bit uncomfortable at first but it remains the same for the entire work sessions.

Sound signature is basically the same. Just a bit more bass and high, but barely noticable. The most noticeable for me is the soundstage. 560s sounds more intimate and Sundara is more relaxed.

Leaning towards Sundara right now but I will give them more time

The 560s to me sounded harsh and ā€œintenseā€; I donā€™t notice the treble with the DT880s. You could hear them differently though

I think I know what you mean by ā€œintenseā€ by now since I got myself a pair of Sundara. Definitely not a bad way, but Sundara is definitely more ā€œrelaxedā€.
Iā€™m still curious of dt880 comfort and want to get myself a pair too. But right now in my country theyā€™re out of stock everywhere and ready stock price are the same as Sundara.

Thereā€™s also the option of getting the dekoni choice suede pads for the DT880. Theyā€™re very comfortable and they pull down the brightness at the expense of some of the detail.