560s vs Tygr 300 r vs PC38x vs 880 (600ohm)

Therefore sounds like TYGR might be better choice for more casual and immersive gamers then, especially those on a budget without the big amp to power the 600ohms?

Have had quite a few have issues driving the tygr so you may still need an amp, granted you don’t need any crazy amount of power… it’s still another cost.

Are there any pad swaps that won’t ruin the sound signature but help the bass on the sundaras? I haven’t tried those, I skipped over them and went straight to anandas.

Anandas are just a step above sundara imo… as they share relatively a similar signature so if your already enjoying ananda your fine… though the only thing I can think of is potentially just a pair of hybrid pads(before pali pads they used hybrid pads on their headphones)… it’s hard to give Sundara a lot of bass so I would just say some EQ or like the IFI products since they have that bass bump button

1 Like

Hmm. I loved my Anandas so much for music I never really fucked with them much. I’ll have to swoop some new pads and try them again and maybe eq them a little which I never did.

And on a side note, why are headphone audiophiles so fucking scared of eq?

lol theres a lot of people here who use EQ so I am not sure what you mean… I suppose I am one of those who doesn’t like EQ that much as I prefer the headphones natural sound that plus not all headphones respond well to extensive eq. I have seen a lot here for example use the Oratory harman EQ on the DT 1990

ive tried the sundara (1st version i believe), ananda, and arya. even stax l700. i just keep coming back to dynamics. for eq i can understand that a lot of people want the headphones to do the work but theres only so much tuning you can do from a material level. eq is just fine tuning and if its something like the 880 that i need an amp with, its going to be connected to pc anyway so why not

Hello there!

I’m currently have 560s and quiet happy with the sound but not with the comfort. How is the dt880 in term of comfort?

depends on the person really. Headclamp out of the box is usually more severe on sennheisers as they have that skull crushing clamp. 880 does clamp rather hard but the velour pads are like soft ear muffs so to speak as they curve a bit inwards to cup the ear. They are fully circular standard slightly above 100mm pads that are absolutely replaceable with much thicker pads through dekoni and brainwavz does have an XL pad that will fit them if you need larger pads.

Signature they are quite similar however you will lose a bit on the soundstage as the 880 is semi open back so its a bit more isolating… though it has slightly better imaging in response to that. At the same time 880 is quite a bit brighter and if you do not have an amp it will require you to have one since 880 use older drivers that require quite a bit of power. It’s best to have the 880 in its 600 ohm if you can drive it with the proper amp otherwise 250 ohm is fine I wouldn’t recommend going lower than that due to the rather large depletion in sound qualities