~$700-1000: FPS, critical positional accuracy, open-back

Ananda comes to mind. If you can get it on discount HE6SE V2 is pretty good too

1 Like

I have to say it again.
The Dan Clark Aeon R/T closed I have had for just under 3 weeks.
Dude, itā€™s a killer.
In terms of resolution, no one can fool him.
I have to say that the Lcd2C looks really old compared to it.
And I donā€™t think it will look any better for the Ananda.
And above all, it offers you details that make it just melt in your mouth to enjoy.
No matter if itā€™s R&B or rock.

It doesnā€™t dissect music when it plays, just the way it was meant to be played, so itā€™s authentic.
And I think for gaming itā€™s also ideal for that, because itā€™s also a bit on the brighter side.

So if you have an amp that can handle the power, you have the choice between an open or closed version.
And for the money itā€™s incredible and well worth the investment.
I would never have bought the Lcd 2C if I had heard it before.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great closed option! Sound isolation is always helpful for gaming, as long as the sound is natural enough.

1 Like

The sound isolation is good.
I drove the train today and had peace and quiet at medium volume.
Yes, it is neutral and slightly warm.
The Lcd2c is even darker in comparison.
And itā€™s fast in playback, which could be an advantage for gaming as well as listening to music.

The aeons are a headphone I keep on the wall and was thoroughly impressed. They are very impressive in both build, comfort, and a sound that really fits In a great many areas. However, itā€™s a case of jack of all trades and I found better fps results out of the other headphones already mentioned. Granted Iā€™d never tell someone to use lcd2 for fpsā€¦ it definitely isnā€™t a very good fit for that

i really love the aeon 2 open and i dont think iā€™d get rid of them. havenā€™t had the chance to try the r/t but i just dont think its gonna be better than the 2. i really like the tuning as is on them.