šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Sorry if I missed it but I recall someone alluding to the fact it may have the same driver as the PMV PP? Is this confirmed?

I really liked that set but found the tuning was a touch on the dark side treble wise. If Timeless can resolve that issue I think itā€™s going to be a winner for me.

1 Like

giphy (6)

No rush, and enjoy your Saturday night. :slightly_smiling_face:
We will be waiting for your updates on them.

Comfort goes a long way with an IEM, regardless of price. That said, how do you find the comfort of the Timeless?

3 Likes

I own Sundaras when you say strange imaging do they image like open back planar over the ear headphones ?

giphy (7)

It is not me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This one is really good for female vocals

1 Like

Iā€™m coming to the conclusion that the Timeless is compressed. Meaning transients do not slam as hard that is less compressed. Everything is loud or soft (depending on overall volume). There is less variation between loud and quiet areas of music.

The thing the Timeless transducer excels at is detail. Everything is extremely clear. The resolution is fantastic.

So this is adding up to be a winning formula for metal. The speed and resolution capabilities will allow Timeless to perform replays of the metal genre quite effortlessly. But it probably will not be as dynamic or slam as hard as sets with dynamic drivers because of the compressed nature of Timeless.

4 Likes

Dua? Anything. Im a secret fanboy.

Billie a slammer (oxytoxin, bad guy, you should see with a crown) and a calm one like ocean eyes or iloveyou.

Thanks for your time :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for explaining yea makes sense. Yea i miss the DD ā€˜slamā€™ in this set. Have you heard DUNU Zen? That slams!

2 Likes

A bunch of replies from a different thread all in relation to Timlessā€¦

A/B Timeless vs the Tea is now showing the Timelessā€™ weaknesses. The Timeless has no imaging vs the Tea and it also takes about double the power.

Itā€™s kinda like the music is behind glass with the timeless. Everything sounds perfect but nothing pops out. You can hear the details but they donā€™t pop out in front of anything else. Everything always stays in line behind the glass.

The Teaā€™s sounds are dynamic moving forward and back. The Tea probably sounds not as high of resolution but the presentation is more engaging because of the variation in the audio events placement within the stage.

I was wondering if Iā€™d come to that conclusion or not last night, but after the first A/B Tea would still be my preference in general.

It does, but I donā€™t think the tuning is a problem for the Timeless. The Timeless is well balanced with a subtitle bass boost. It actually sounds very good. Remember the Tea is one of my highest recommendations. The Timeless is knocking on itā€™s door.

I still have lots more listening to do tho. Going to do some tip rolling too.

I wish @Rikudou_Goku had his set so we could discuss. :frowning:

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories - Within - A/B testing now between the Tea and Timeless.

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories - Within

Stage - Tea
Imaging - Tea
Resolution - Timeless
Clarity - Timeless
Detail - Timeless
Dynamics - Tea
Warmth - Tea
Leading edge clarity - Timeless
Timbre - Tea

I think the conclusion Iā€™m going to come to is thisā€¦ The Tea is one of my favorite IEMs ever made. The Timeless beats the Tea at speed, detail, resolution and clarity at the cost of the Teas impressive dynamics, stage and imaging. Even though the Timeless is a bit cleaner than the Tea, itā€™s not different enough to warrant recommending the Timeless over the Tea unless you are concerned only with clarity or your library can benefit from a very fast transducer such as metal, but youā€™ll be missing out on some slam vs the Teaā€™s dynamic.

If I had to choose between the Timeless or the Tea, I would choose the Tea but both IEMs are great with their own strengths and weaknesses. The Timeless does enough that is unique to carve out a place for a spot in my collection and at itā€™s price point, itā€™s another must have.

lol, Sure. I already did. I was listening to Dua Lipa Homesick for my details test.

To my surprise, even though the Timeless sounds clearer than the Tea, the details of the fingers touching the keys and key clicks didnā€™t pop out as me as much as I was able to hear on the teas. They were clear and audible but when vocals were present, they were harder to make out which leads me to believe the Timeless is compressed vs the Tea.

5 Likes

Yes. The Zen is the 11 on my scale of IEM slam. It is the grandaddy of slam. UM MEST MKII and UM 3DT are a 10.

The Timeless has compressed transients vs sets that excel at slam. I think itā€™s the other reason I keep asking myself where the imaging is in the Timeless.

4 Likes

Great details of explanation on the Timeless vs Tea A/Bing. I was intrigued about Timeless for a while and wonder how it will perform on that budget, and it seems to beat it at some areas from what you have said. If I was going after details and clarity, Timeless is a superb IEM for just 220$. But for my library, I would going after soundstage and dynamic, and Tea is the clear winner for me.

1 Like

Sure. I am an outspoken fan of both Dua and Ariana and Iā€™m not afraid to admit it. Billie Ellish, not as much but I have her (When We All Fall Asleep) album. You probably want to know about Bad guy? My favorite song from her although is by far the 007 Bond theme, No Time to Die.

Listening to Bad guy now.

3 Likes

Yeah, no time is a great song and example. I wanna know how it fares on female vocals, basicly.

I enjoy ariana more, thanks to Variations :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

Bad Guy - Timeless sounds awesome. Perfect resolution, clarity and speed. Itā€™s compressed tho so its slam is limited. Stage is OK. The stereo field is fine going back and forth from left to right but it is quite flat. (little to no front to back separation) FR is quite nice and generally balanced with some nice attention paid to a pleasing bass emphasis.

In general, I think Timeless sounds awesome with itā€™s best of class resolution and clarity. As its graph shows, itā€™s going to be a safe tuning for must music. Think Clarvoyance/Mele. I still think Variations will be the winner when it comes to imaging, separation, tuning specifically for female vocals and especially sub bass emphasis. Timeless is a safely tuned IEM with excels at speed and clarity/resolution.

4 Likes

Can you test Luv Letter - DJ Okawari? :pray:

I wonder how the Timeless and 3 dt compare.I finishing the week with the Dusk so I have a good idea how it sounds to me. I am aware the 3 dt slams harder which I like. I had various planar speakers so I think I understand the compression the Timeless has. Thanks! The Timeless seems the outstanding in certain areas but might not be what I want. I am interested in the 3 dt.

1 Like

Soo what happens when you introduce a phat bass shelf below 100Hz? Might help with perception of slam.

4 Likes

The 3DTā€™s slam comes from the weight of the notes more then the elevation of the notes. It gives a very heavy feel while being very fast and nimble in very fast technical sections.

1 Like