🔶 7HZ Timeless Planar

This is the official thread for the 7HZ Timeless

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: In Ear
  • Amp needed: Oh Yes

:red_circle: Linsoul Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

2 Likes

New planar set :eyes:

5 Likes

Timeless VS GL12 :thinking:

3 Likes

Someone must take one for the team and do it, for science!

1 Like

As a fan of the P1 this intrigues me.

Seriously though with no frequency response graph and no reviews you really are buying blind!

1 Like

Guessing that @hawaiibadboy will get them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve yet to be as completely satisfied with a pair of IEMs as I have with headphones, but that doesn’t mean I’ve given up. If these ever show up on Amazon (or Apos, fingers crossed) I may have to open my wallet a bit. This is more due to the horrific nature of Linsoul’s customer service and slow delivery times.

That’s another one I’ve looked at, and would love to hear a comparison with… cough @ZeosPantera cough

1 Like

I suspect you have to go a tier or two higher in budget bracket to find an IEM that is comparable to headphones that aren’t as much.

the r&d to make / tune an IEM has to be more than a headphone as you’ve got little space and tiny bits, all of which drive the price up. however…IEM’s are SO popular now that many components have much friendlier costs now as they’re more readily available.

I’m not looking for something the same as headstones, more the same enjoyment. Unfortunately, I’ve misplaced the JVC ones I had, and otherwise the Starfield has been my favorite. I recognize that the chances of getting the same is infinitesimal, and so I don’t chase after it.
It’s like I don’t expect my Noir and M40x (ignoring the difference in cost) to satisfy the same craving. Both are closed back dynamic headphones, but fill different rolls. With the same exact pads(ZMF oval angled sheepskin), my Dekoni Blue and M40x (again, discounting the difference in cost, driver technology, and semi-open vs closed), they both scratch the itch for some bass… but in different ways. Ironically, I’m off on another business trip, and these are the three headphones I brought with me along with my og XD-05.
I like keeping my expectations a bit more realistic, and thusly I’m not looking for a pair of IEMs to scratch an itch the same way a pair of headphones will. I more look for something that will satisfy me in it’s own right, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Hope the Timeless is better than lol.

1 Like

Big no for me

I’m hoping I’m understanding this correctly:
Bass and mid bass is fairly flat, nothing super bloated, no roll off, just flat.
Midrange is where things start getting a little funky with some dips and channel imbalance leading into some peaks in the highs at 9k and 13-14k before dropping off again before getting a much smaller peak at ~19k

The bass-shelf is elevated too early though, it starts rising from 800hz.

oh, thats not channel imbalance, you are seeing it graphed with and without filters. Not the L compared to the R side.

The upper-midrange up until mid-mid-treble is way too low. Almost 0 pinna gain. Not good at all, will probably sound pretty dark overly warm thanks to the early bass-shelf.

Upper-treble might need some work but looks fine, except it will probably be sibilant here, since the contrast between the very low lower/mid-treble and the upper-treble is so big.

2 Likes

Then would I be correct in thinking that it would look like, beyond helping some siblance, the filter may actually hurt it’s performance?

Yes, no filters looks better. But this still looks horrible to me…

Just skip it and pray the Timeless is better…

1 Like

Ric-cola is sold at the store.

I have the GL12’s. I really like them. Especially for $200… I still have to remember the OH10’s exist however.

5 Likes

BGGARs graph for the 7Hz looks promising.

2 Likes

The Sub/Bass/mid roll off looks good…but man the upper mids/ treble looks like a clusterfuck of detail :man_shrugging: hope it sounds better in playback thought?

1 Like

quite similar up to 1.5k

3 Likes

I’d be surprised if it has anywhere near the energy and detail of the Z1R, the mid/upper-mid rise looks promising… but then…

1 Like