šŸ”¶ Mangird TEA (6 BA/1DD)

How warm is the M3X by itself? Is it noticeable? Iā€™ve been giving it a look since it looks like it does a vast majority of what Iā€™d want in a DAP, especially that battery life.

Also do you have any idea what the standby/sleep life of the M3X?

Itā€™s just a tad, you prolly wonā€™t notice if you have no experience with other sources. Itā€™s an amazing piece, I love it. The battery life is around 19h on playback, thatā€™s one of the reasons I love it.

Yeah the battery life is what stood out to me and the upgradable 2tb isnā€™t too shabby either and itā€™s doesnā€™t have unecessary stuff for my needs like MQA.

Good to hear itā€™s not really noticeable, so Iā€™ll save up for one and good news that hopefully Linsoul will be sending my Oracle back next week

So, my cheap IEMs died yesterday (right earbud at least), so the time to upgrade has come. Yet, Iā€™m torn between the Tea and the new kid on the block, Timeless.

Priorities are resolution/clarity and soundstage. I feel like the consensus so far is, Tea for soundstage and Timeless for resolution.

Which makes choosing one really difficultā€¦

As anyone made the comparition yet? Can you link?

Danā€™s Audio Reviews (1, 2), various opinions in 7HZ Timeless Planar thread, also people in this very thread vouching for Tea ā€œholgraphicā€, ā€œ3Dā€ soundstage.

No explicit comparison between the two pairs though.

1 Like

Iā€™ll get my timeless soon, and let you know. I really doubt it will beat Teas, for my tastes, in anothing but detail retrieval. I hope iā€™m wrong, tho - I want to love a planar lol.
Iā€™m expecting them to play along nice with eachother and also that I can ignore the ā€œlack of depth/imaging/stagingā€ that some people complained about, but I need to ear it for myself anyway and take my own conclusions.

1 Like

@nymz Perfect bag to carry 3 daily drivers, itā€™s just missing one final piece :relieved:

1 Like

I use some amazon one that is bigger with 4 slots + DAP. I need more space on my IEMs (AKA: I bent 2pins using ones like that). I use Shanling C3 for stuff like going to the beach or something and need something portable for my dap + a pair.

Iā€™ll buy this one since Iā€™m resctring myself to 2-4 endgame IEMs + Buds. Keep in mind I throw it on my backpack for work. At home all my pairs are on a watchbox, except for EJ07m - He is the only one so far that is allowed to be on my desk with its alluminium box.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently designing an IEM stand for my desk, no more hassle taking from the case :rofl:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll need to find some good velcro straps for all my sets tho. Have to look into it. Iā€™ll make a post/thread once I get RSV and settle down on it talking about my choices and getting some nice shots of my gear :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought of doing the same! The design has to prevent the individual shells from clanging around, and also minimise compression and strain on the cables. Curious to see your design!

1 Like

It would look like this with a disk to let the cable sits, inspired from a design on Thingiverse.

5 Likes

Again an absurd comparison of Teas and Timeless. Planar vs. hybrid. Timelessness can beat Š¢ea only by resolution, the plenary has a flat soundstage, everyone is like that! Tuning is also very different.

Absurd how though? They are all devices that produce sound in the end.

Also, if Timeless sound signature is that niche, wouldnā€™t reviewers mention that in their first impressions? Even Crinacle praised it in his recent unboxing.

I donā€™t listen to Crin say what he wants! The comparison between the two is illogical, otherwise Timeless may be good IEMs! Tea is better, it seems.

I agree. A set that does everything well is really an incredible experience. I have several days of listening and note taking ahead of me before I even start comparing. This one is gonna be fun. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t believe this pressure thing will go away though. It is only on insertion. The problem for me is I have to fiddle with it with insert and re-insert. I have found that a very light insertion does pretty well particularly with cp145. I am gonna try it with my stickier tips at some point (xelastec, cp100+ and crystal). The problem for me is ā€œfiddling with itā€ represents about six insertions in terms of irritation for the day. So if I have to go out/in for other reasons, or have to adjust, I am using up my IEM time until my ears are too irritated to use any IEM. :frowning:

So, I am leaving them in as much as I can.

1 Like

Same thing for me but itā€™s just upon insertion. If I have music already playing, I hear the bass being sucked out the first 3 seconds due to the pressure issue but it goes away pretty quickly. Also, CP145 is fantastic on these and Iā€™ve completed my tip roll journey on the Tea (cheap silicon, foam, Azla SednaEarfit Crystal, Final E). CP145 is good because it creates more distance between your ear canal and the nozzle, and the stage is noticeably wider than the Final E tips. Wide bore doesnā€™t do it for me as it makes the treble too piercing. I have CP100 incoming, but many here have already stated theyā€™re good as well.

^^^^ this. I have liked that aspect on every tip that does it.

I have dozens of tips now, and I havenā€™t rolled them all on teas yet. But there hasnā€™t been an IEM where cp145 isnā€™t in the top 3 if not #1 overall.

Right now, I need the least irritation. cp145 is often the best mix of seal, sound quality, and ability to go in and out with the least irritation.

I should try final e though. They have been incredible when I do get a seal. But they can also be a nightmare.

Cp100+ and cp100 also do really well. The + bring that measure of grip on the material. While retaining sound of the cp145. But, they are better when you know you wonā€™t get interrupted. Havenā€™t tried them on teas yet. So many tips to try.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I got for 2 days with my EJ. Reso burned his vents during 12h or 24h with the bores closed. You just received them, enjoy them, donā€™t try to rush it :slight_smile: I have teas since May and I have not reviewed them yet :rofl:

Iā€™ll get that rash on your ear if you change a lot or tip roll a lot. Thatā€™s how it works, I still get it every now and then. I usually switch to buds for a while :slight_smile: