🔶 Mangird TEA (6 BA/1DD)

No.

I have the T2 and Tea. T2’s bass is at least 40% less than Tea’s.
I don’t even think these two are comparable in any way.

Loooooooool

Mangird Tea.

(PS dont make me review teas. Buy them :joy:)

1 Like

I have never heard the Tea and have no problem finding reviews that state bass is lacking. Many of these like the Tea and bring it up. I have assumed it’s at least average. It is very popular Iem on this site. What is bass like?

85% of Mest’s bass :slight_smile:

I had the T2, that’s why this video got me worried. I’m all good now

1 Like

Thanks so much I figured it had to have some decent bass looked who rec’d it.

3 Likes

I guess there is a reason why people say that it’s an all-rounder and my opinion is that if you’re basshead, you would say this is natural-bright set or if you’re treblehead, you would say this is natural-dark sounding set. It does most things right without over emphasizing them.

3 Likes

Uhhh full BA mangird

3 Likes

It has the Mangird branding and the shell but they’re calling it… nothing?
No “Tea” and no model name anywhere?

Btw, is there any version difference between these two types of nozzles?

Flush nozzle:

vs.
Nozzle with a lip:

Mine is the latter one and it’s also the one that Linsoul is currently selling.

It just popped out. Can be fake, I dunno. Already asked HBB.

Teas got revised last december. Different vent, noozle, cable and box.

2 Likes

Hey, I am combing through this thread after seeing a sound demo on Dan’s Audio Reviews.
I was ready to order the Moondrop Aria, when I heard the Tea and I was blown away to the point of considering going 3x my initial budget.
Is the soundstage/separation of Tea as good as it comes through the sound demo? Because, to my ears at least, there is no damn comparison between the Aria and the Tea on these aspects.

Sound demos cant be trusted.

Its better than the video tho. Theres no compatitions because different prices, quality and drivers

1 Like

^^^ x1000…Recording + dodgy Youtube + your chain + your set = :musical_score::crazy_face: but good for entertainment none the less :+1:

4 Likes

Yes, i watched it all. Theres simple notes you get to take like note weight.

Its obvious on the mests parts the difference in resolution to the other sets. I enjoyed the tracks as well :slight_smile:

Kinda late to this. Bass isn’t lacking, but not for bassheads. They’re a sub-bass focused IEM, so the experience can be weird.

I kind of think of it as “polite bass”. All the bass is there, and in good quantity. Most IEMS focus more on mid-bass where most music plays in. Teas have that, but it’s not THUMPING like other IEMs, but not missing at all. And then when sub-bass is needed, it’s there. Other IEMs tend to have stronger mid-bass over sub-bass so when the sub-bass kicks in, it’s light, and the mid-bass tends to color the mids.

The bass aspect lends the Teas a very versatile aspect. For some songs when the bass isn’t a big star, the bass is there, but not making itself known too much. When sub-bass comes in, it’s there without blending into the mid-bass.

Compare this with the Fiio FH3, which I think has more sub-bass, but that sub-bass bleeds into the mid-bass. They are bassier for sure, but this tends to make not-so-bassy songs more bassy on principal.

Compare to Blon 03s, the mid-bass is the star and THUMPING to everything, but the sub-bass is almost not there at all. It’s like a ghost in the background.

Teas are like a super-well tuned subwoofer. It’s there when needed, not there when not. FH3 is the subwoofer with a higher crossover and more gain. 03s is a cheap subwoofer that can’t reach low, but still musical.

3 Likes

1 Like

Welcome to community bro. Salute 🙋

1 Like

Ok, the teas are here, but I am already into a major problem.

When I put them in, seal pressure. Holy god, that’s an awful feeling. And they sound tinny as crap when it happens. I am already tip rolling like a crazy person. But, how do you deal with a pressure seal creating a vacuum thing?

This is entirely new for me. No other IEM has done this.

I am afraid to take them out once I get a non-pressurize seal.

1 Like

That’s pressure build up turning into driver flex. That was a common problem on first revision since the old model had smaller vents. Some people have noticed it but for a small period of time (1 day or couple days). Old revision, some people used foam for months lol.

There’s 3 ways to do it if you can’t take it:

• Burn it in with something covering the tip (like those tictacs).
  • Burn it in on ear using foam (foam sound ass to me on Teas).
  • Burn it in normally, open aired.

Try to use not so sealed tips or try to open your ears before inserting. Don’t insert too fast.

2 Likes

Man, I had no idea what those people were talking about. Now I do.

I can get a good fit sometimes, but if I have to adjust for any reason, bam back.

Are we saying that if I let this thing burn in with pressure build up, this will go away?

I was about to try foams. The built in tips were a no. epro horn tips (even in medium) were a no. sedna earfits, no. crystal, hell no.

I may try cp145 simply because they have fixed weird issues in the past. But I haven’t yet.

Doing foam right now.

1 Like