šŸ”¶ Mangird TEA (6 BA/1DD)

On hibrids, yeah. I even had that problem on FD5 and itā€™s an open back single-DD :stuck_out_tongue:

On full BA sets, pressure is forever :rofl:

I pull the top of my ear up and backwards a tiny bit to break the seal for one second and even out the pressure.

1 Like

Yeah, no pressure, but I see what you mean about foams. I think these are dekoni somethings. And I donā€™t like foams for a lot of other reasons. :frowning:

That would be a hard no. Let me know how RSV goes. cause, thatā€™s probably a ā€œnot in a million yearsā€ situation for me.

Dekoni sound like shit to me. I heard Zeos when I startedā€¦ Damn.

Can tell you right now itā€™s a no go then. RSV isnā€™t vented. Even lokahi, SA6, etc are vented u still get some pressure.

You have to keep in mind your brain is panicing as well. Uā€™re not used to it, itā€™s the first time you getting thatā€¦ Try spinfit CP100/145 or Radius deep mount

PS: My EJ07m did build up for 2 days, and itā€™s a vented tribid :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, the pressure sucks. But the sound goes to garbage too.

cp145 in medium seem to ā€œsettle inā€ and the pressure gets released after a few seconds and sound goes to normal. Also, I love these tips on EVERYTHING. so, bonus.

Interesting.

I donā€™t think the pressure being continuous is something I could adapt to. But getting used to it venting as I start listening would be ok.

However, these are going to be damn near impossible to compare to my other IEMs directly if this isnā€™t a thing that goes away on insertion. No a/b or back and forth with these.

Ok, gonna try and keep them in for a while. But all the in/out has already built up burn/itch. Probably only get a short session today.

Let them do their magic over night. Keep Spinfits on and tape the tip bore somehow.

That wonā€™t last forever and your brain also canā€™t process it. Youā€™ll get more and more used and it will ā€œbreak inā€. Also, when it driver flex, donā€™t remove it, just break the seal by pushing ur ear or something.

I got full pressure buildup on HBBā€™s Xenns UP with CP100 every day I got it to do the review. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It seems that I can get a good quick fit with cp145 medium. (excellent actually. This is up there with the best fit I have ever had).

Will see how they do in the morning. but right now, things are looking good.

Good IEMs. I have a lot to say about them. Already have several pages of notes.

3 Likes

Teas will just keep surprising and growing on you. The more balanced tunings are, to me, the ones that need more time. Once you get itā€¦ Boom.

1 Like

Great, after searching the word ā€œteaā€, I got nothing but Mangird Teas showing up on my feed all the time. Goddamn! even my browser is also telling me to get them like ā€œWhat the fuck are you doing and waiting for right now?! BUY THESE!!ā€

I will, I swear I will, but it will take time.

1 Like

What do you mean?

4 Likes

Thatā€¦ thatā€™s what I mean.

1 Like

If you have the funds and the needs, you might find a deal on 11.11!

1 Like

Nice looking stack, care to share the details?

Oh, nothing special reallyā€¦

Shanling M3X (Line out) > VE Run About Plus 5 (Special edition) + Warp Core > Xinhs Custom cable + 4.4mm to 3.5mm single ended adaptor matching > Teas (Radius Deep Mount).

Warp core is like a bigass battery (bottom stack) that feeds the amp (lasts for around 50h). The amp was a special edition I got when I bought my VE Zen 2.0. The rest is pretty explanatory :slight_smile:

My usual OTG is just M3X, L&P W2 or both at the same time :slight_smile: Depends on library, mood and the set Iā€™m using, since M3X (and VE RAP5) are warm and W2 is clean/analytical.

How warm is the M3X by itself? Is it noticeable? Iā€™ve been giving it a look since it looks like it does a vast majority of what Iā€™d want in a DAP, especially that battery life.

Also do you have any idea what the standby/sleep life of the M3X?

Itā€™s just a tad, you prolly wonā€™t notice if you have no experience with other sources. Itā€™s an amazing piece, I love it. The battery life is around 19h on playback, thatā€™s one of the reasons I love it.

Yeah the battery life is what stood out to me and the upgradable 2tb isnā€™t too shabby either and itā€™s doesnā€™t have unecessary stuff for my needs like MQA.

Good to hear itā€™s not really noticeable, so Iā€™ll save up for one and good news that hopefully Linsoul will be sending my Oracle back next week

So, my cheap IEMs died yesterday (right earbud at least), so the time to upgrade has come. Yet, Iā€™m torn between the Tea and the new kid on the block, Timeless.

Priorities are resolution/clarity and soundstage. I feel like the consensus so far is, Tea for soundstage and Timeless for resolution.

Which makes choosing one really difficultā€¦

As anyone made the comparition yet? Can you link?

Danā€™s Audio Reviews (1, 2), various opinions in 7HZ Timeless Planar thread, also people in this very thread vouching for Tea ā€œholgraphicā€, ā€œ3Dā€ soundstage.

No explicit comparison between the two pairs though.

1 Like