šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Bad news :frowning:
The gk10 has almost zero sub bass and harsh metallic highs.

Good News! EQ exist.

Also I donā€™t mind or really hear whatever is supposed to be bad about itā€™s treble, quite like it actually.

Eq is for amateurs :slight_smile:

EQ is for people who want to enjoy music to the fullest and not be fuzzy 'bout it.

3 Likes

laugh out loud

Do you not adjust the drivers seat when you get in a new car? :wink: Whatā€™s wrong with tailoring an experience to your wants and needs?

EQ at 22k didnā€™t help?

I mean yes it does make it sound more full range, but I have discovered that I canā€™t deal with the imaging. I need my vocals and instruments to be encapsulated and delineated within the stage.

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame to hear thatā€¦ Hope GK10 will work out for you. Does 22k EQ work for them too?

1 Like

Excellent, mine is on the way. Itā€™s in China-US China post limbo.

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t make a significant difference to my ears, but there is some effect. Itā€™s not worth it though as accentuates the negative aspect of piezos drivers which is that slightly zingy steely quality.

1 Like

For those in here flagging posts they disagree with, Iā€™d really appreciate if people could stop using flags as a dislike button, since thatā€™s absolutely not what they are for. It shouldnā€™t be the case that look away for a few minutes and then come back to 8 flags for things that arenā€™t flag worthy, thatā€™s really not how they should be used. I donā€™t really see anything actually deserving of a flag here unless Iā€™m really missing something

5 Likes

EQ comments lead to thisā€¦ Itā€™s starting all over again. Am I allowed to reply to EQ comments in this thread now?

1 Like

So now people canā€™t discuss eq here? If it relates to the timeless or is talked about in the context of the timeless I donā€™t see an issue, if there does become an issue it can be handled accordingly. Doesnā€™t seem that off topic yet. Also a single flag is enough as well to get the attention of mods to look into it, every single post doesnā€™t have to be flagged

2 Likes

You should read the comments above and have a chat with Ohmboy about it.

Being neutral in this, if I donā€™t like a comment I skip it and go to the next. Saves energy and keeps it a forum for everyone.

drftr

3 Likes

Will do, Iā€™ve been out of a the loop for awhile since Iā€™ve been busy with work, so Iā€™ll get a rundown on what the potential issues were here and ask him about it

1 Like

No prob. The EQ discussion got out of hand (trolling) and it was acknowledged it was done and over.

Thatā€™s why there were so many flags because we were warned about going into it again, not that we did not like the posts. It was going to start a fight again which Ohmboy understandably does not want in an official IEM thread.

2 Likes

Is there an official EQ discussion thread? I never use it but I think itā€™s a very worthwhile topic for many. Itā€™s just that you donā€™t want to have the same EQ discussion on every single IEM thread. You might as well discuss cables in general, ear tips in general, etcetera. But in a thread about techniques EQ would be a great topic, while the last 2 would do great in an accessories thread. While I feel specific advice about the cable and tips in the box are firmly connected to the IEM in question. But Iā€™d be happy to be kicked out of a 7Hz thread ranting about why I think 1DD IEMs are better than planars as that discussion belongs somewhere else. Would be great to just post a link to that discussion but thatā€™s it.

drftr

2 Likes

The EQ discussion is become just as polarizing as the ā€œcables sound differentā€ discussion. I donā€™t think there is an official thread but feel free to make it if you want. Iā€™ll stay out of it. I get too upset.

No, I think that discussion would belong right here actually. Iā€™d be more than happy to join you in your rant. Wouldnā€™t have much to argue about because I agree with you 100%. :slight_smile:

1 Like