đŸ”¶ Abyss Diana Series

Okay right on. This clears things up a bit. Even if it was on par quantity wise with Sundara that would serve me just fine.

Yeah I always had a hunch the phi wouldn’t be for me but the v2 just might be.

so the 24 does have a thicker warmer darker signature that is more relaxed, where I would more call the v2 something slightly warmer neutral relaxed. In terms of bass I would say the v2 can give you better bass control, depth, timbre, layering, and speed, but not as much slam as the 24. I think the v2 is on a bit higher technical level from the 24, but it isn’t as colored, isn’t as forgiving as the 24 in both source gear and source material

Personally I actually don’t like the phi mainly because you might as well go 1266 at that point for bigger performance jump

3 Likes

Yup that’s me. I’m actually gonna keep them. It’s strange because they’re so similar to my focal clears. They differ in delivery a bit but they’re so close. I felt the same way about the LCD-X, without the obvious fit differences they would be hard to tell apart. At least to my ears and the music I listen to.

1 Like

Hi all,

Does anyone know if you order the Diana v2, does this include the DMS mod?

If not, how do you get/where can you order the DMS mod ?
Thx.

The mod is a change to the pads. You can order them by putting in the comments that you want the DMS modded pads. Either order another set of pads or you can have them send DMS pads instead of the stock.

4 Likes

Great, thanks FBizzle!

Can you guys tell me what the tonality on the V2 is like? I’m looking for something that’s not bright and no weird frequency peaks/dips. TIA.

It’s a bit warmer neutral sounding headphone, pretty linear with a slight bit of treble smoothness imo (but like barely) , really pleasant and very refined tuning, but it could change depending on your source gear

1 Like

Cool. From everything I’ve read, this is the can for me but there’s nowhere close to me to audition it. Will pull the trigger blind and hope for the best (cause it’s a TON of effing money) lol. Hopefully somebody will have a deal on them for Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

They hold their value well and are popular so if you ever need to sell it shouldn’t be too bad lol. It’s really a stellar can for sure if you have the source gear for it, really nice

1 Like

For now a WHAMMY and Bifrost will have to do. Need to save my pennies for higher tier gear lol. The cans are a splurge on my part as reward for some substantial accomplishments.

You’ll probably want to spend on an amp sooner than later.
The Whammy is pretty good for what it is, but it’s not $3000 headphone good.

1 Like

Yeah I realize that but the budget has the final say. Anyway, waiting to get it to full potential will be like getting new cans twice.

Bought this headphone a little while ago and just had to say what a pleasure it is.
Incredible low end quality and rumble. Slam reminds me of the th900 series. But unlike those headphones, the tuning on this is also really nice. Intimate headphone that compliments large soundstage headphones like the HD800s or he1000v2.

4 Likes

V2 arrived today. Obviously way too early for any sort of sound impressions but I have to mention the fit/comfort. As in, the lack of. A $3K can really has no excuse for feeling like you have a bunch of hard squares around your head. I’ve resorted to cutting a small piece out of a towel and wrapping it around the headband to make it softer and to push the pads slightly away from my head. They’re very hard - hopefully will break in over time. Anywho, if I’m happy with the performance over the next few weeks, I’ll make the needed fit adjustments/mods but
damn

What amp are using? Just curious.

Still the whammy?

Regarding the pads, have you tried rotating them to change both fit and sound?

1 Like

I have a pair of these in right now on loan, mine came with dms pads which are very comfy and seem to be less uncomfortable to stock pads from what I’ve heard. Also I did have issues with a Hotspot on top of my head with the headband but a zmf pilot pad cleared that right up and now they are super comfy. I know there is another headband cover that abyss themselves recommend as well if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Liquid Plat.

Yup rotated the pads all around. The default position feels best.