šŸ”¶ Abyss Diana Series

That seems to be the general opinion. I ordered with stock pads on purpose to see what theyā€™re like. I can do the DMS mod myself so no problem there.

You might end up messing around with it since generally for the diana you donā€™t want that much seal for best sound, but the pads should wear in with use, generally mine were somewhat stiff but wore in to where they werenā€™t an issue. I personally donā€™t get a hotspot with the headband but that is something that is solved by a pilot pad as @Towa mentions

Regarding the dms pads they are worth trying, imo I prefer the sound of the v2 pads on the diana v2 and like the dms pads more on the phi, but the dms are more comfy for sure

2 Likes

Yup Iā€™ve read about that and am aware of it. My current towel ā€œmodā€ does exactly that - push the pads very slightly away and the sound is indeed better. Iā€™m also aware of the various pads people use for the headband and will get one of those at some point. I just needed something ASAP so I can actually enjoy them lol.

1 Like

I have to vent about this can. Love the sound but comfort is fucking pathetic. I donā€™t know who at Abyss decided this is comfortable but their head is obviously not human. My latest attempt at being able to listen for more than 10 minutes involves an HD600 pad strip with wire ties and toilet paper. On a $3K can smfh. Worst design ever.

3 Likes

My Diana Phi fits me like a glove and I wear it practically every day for hours. Iā€™m sorry you donā€™t have a similar experience.

Glad youā€™re enjoying it :+1: Maybe Iā€™M the one with a weird head :frowning: it looks pretty normal in picturesā€¦

1 Like

Nah, donā€™t feel weird. When I demoā€™ed it, I couldnā€™t keep it on for more than an hour at a time. It gave me pretty crazy hot spots that led to a headache. I was not a fan of the comfort.

1 Like

Come to think of it, thereā€™s probably a pretty big impact from shaving my head. People with hair have natural padding.

3 Likes

Soā€¦ Put on a beanie if you have one and see what happens there. I know DMS has a special comfort strap on his which helps him out.

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m pleasantly surprised. I emailed Abyss regarding this and they said theyā€™re sending me something to help. I guess theyā€™ve had plenty of feedback regarding this so they have a solution ready to go. Probably future revisions will to take this into account. Good customer service.

3 Likes

Their customer service was excellent when I contacted them. They even augmented an order I put in incorrectly and fixed my request before it shipped out. They get an A++ for that.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty cool, Iā€™ll be curious to see what they send, hopefully it can fix the comfort for you :+1:

I feel like Iā€™m not as affected as much since Iā€™m like pretty sure my head is somewhat actually dented in from headphones at this point lol

5 Likes

You should consider the LCD-GX.

It has the same Drivers as the LCD-X
Its Light.
Its open.
Its been highly reveiwed by nearly all Utube Reviewers as being the most natural and neutral sounding set of Audeze Headphones.

Sometimes you get what you want, and its not what was supposed to happen.
What i mean isā€¦ Audeze created this Gear as a gamer.
So, they took the Drivers from their best selling Headphone, the LCD-X, and ended up creating an affordable version of the LCD-24, that is actually more neutral.
Its RED, but , so what.

1 Like

Thanks but Iā€™ll stick with Diana. I REALLY like how it sounds. Just frustrated with the fit. But determined to make it work. Because Iā€™m hardheaded - which may be the reason for the discomfort :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes i understand.
Its a shame that a $3000 USD Headphone is not comfortable.
You are not alone regarding that analysis.

1 Like

comfort in default pad position is good for me but sound is the worst, kills the impact of the bass.
The other pad positions are ok, not great, but the sound is so good I donā€™t mind much lol

1 Like

If I can get to ā€œnot greatā€ Iā€™d be happy. Really shouldnā€™t have to say that but it is what it is. Letā€™s see what Abyss sends.

im very curious. Did you have to show proof you were the original owner for them to offer to send something?

They didnā€™t ask for that :man_shrugging:t2:

cool, if what you get looks like it could help me, ill maybe see if i can get one as well

1 Like