đŸ”¶ Abyss Diana Series

I hope its a tiny pillow thst says “sorry” on it

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA  

Before returning my lcd-x I directly asked about the GX. They said it’s just not a fair comparison. All but refused to send me a pair. The LCD-X is a monster headphone so I doubt putting those drivers is a lightweight frame has anything but major ramifications.

As for something close to Diana I think the focal clear is a really good competitor. S tier headphone, unique driver (though not planar), and very comfortable.

1 Like

jw if the pillow came in lmao

It did. It’s a stick-on pad. It’s livable now. Not comfortable but livable.

Any chance you could post a pic?

I cut it in two and reversed the halves so it’s a little thinner at the very top.

3 Likes

Dude, you’ve had the patience of a saint through this. I’d have bailed a while back. Kudos for sticking with it but my OCD couldn’t handle anything even remotely near that “fix”.

You know you’ve probably in the minority on this and I’m sure most people wouldn’t even have a problem. I’m accustomed to hearing helmets so weight isn’t an issue for me. I can also say that’s I’ve never experienced an issue with any headset I’ve put on, hot spots etc. I’m thankful for that.

Just had to mention that you’ve been a trooper through this. Hopefully you’ll find something that you can live with.

2 Likes

I have half a mind to make some elegant solutions to the pads and headband and sell them to Abyss for $2999.

1 Like

I should not read that but i need to read that

It is exactly what you imagine it would be. I may have missed it but im not even sure they list the chain used to listen.

yep very similar to their “review” of the Focal Clear.

I can poke multiple holes at those measurements lol.

The king measurements dingus says his headphone distorts playing them loud as a speaker. whodathunk it.
I swear the fact that there is a literal cult of personality around his crap baffles me.

3 Likes

I find it “amusing” he clearly didn’t manage to get the pads to seal on the measurement rig, even notes it. So what’s the point of the measurement.

And this

That while the pads nicely rest on the measurement rig, slight deformation of them radically changed the response especially in the 2 to 6 kHz region.

Welcome to the world of headphone measurements.

I have my issues with most of the sites content, but his speaker and headphone measurements are terrible.

3 Likes

It probably doesn’t help that the diana specifically aren’t supposed to seal for best sound, and will change their sound overall depending on how you rotate pads, so I assume that would make accurately measuring them a pita

1 Like

And why on earth would you measure distortion at 114 dB SPL?
That’s permanent hearing damage in like 30s area, what’s the point.

3 Likes

I would also expect that most drivers were never made to really handle that spl well, considering that tuning a headphone to take and preform well at that level would be extremely stupid, there are headphones that handle high volume better than others, but I really doubt most headphones would preform well at such a high level

1 Like

All hail the Master of Measurements, the Lion of Linear, the Freak of Flat. Do not doubt his wise ways. 114db is loud for mere mortals, but is leaves rustling to a 60 year old half deaf man!

He has his preferences i guess and some people like that. I personally think the graphs are a guideline at best. hearing is believing and no graph replicates that adequately.

4 Likes